Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Mortaring from the uncap when not owning any flags

Hardersoft

-bZ- Member
Donator
Could we get a clarification on mortaring/ UCAVing from the uncap? I think there may be some confusion as to using these items in the uncap when your team has no flags. I have had some conflicting direction from players, as well as admins on the subject. I understand the server rule mortaring/UCAVing/RAWR while the player is in the uncap as it is considered stat padding. It's very frustrating to get mortared in Pearl Market when the mortar, or the player is in the uncap. My question is can you use a mortar, or other device in the uncap when you have no flags? Locker and Metro being maps with just a few choke points make it nearly impossible for the team stuck in it's uncap to break out. I have been told by some admins (unfortunately their names escape me for the moment) that once you lose all your flags you are OK to mortar (from the uncap). I have had some admins tell me that's bullshit and there has never been a rule that says you can mortar from the uncap at any time.

Thanks for the clarification.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
As it currently stands, this would still be against the rules.

However...if a team is all-capped, I don't know of any of our admins that'd punish for mortaring or working from uncap at that point as you have no choice....though you're far more likely to help your team "break out" by actually fighting.

My 2c.

Slash5.0

-bZ- Member
Donator
From other meetings we have had the general consensus was that if an opponent was "all capped" shooting in and out is allowed. Please direct anyone, admins or players to our teamspeak if they require further clarification.