my updated resume

Hawx

You're Never Right!
here is a final draft of my resume, I ended up redoing it due to file size and feedback from a few people. I finished this version this morning and submitted it for a few jobs and already have a job interview on Tuesday...so yea, you could say I am a little excited and nervous.

resume-6a-blur_zpsl2b7g2mn.jpg

The font is a little tough on the eyes.

My wife has been a graphic designer/editor, almost the entire time we've been married; about 10 years. I would be happy to ask her to review your work.

Very soon when you have a job and are sitting back drinking a bottle of whiskey:

http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/w4AYv.gif&v=xfV1-mLU9ak

Font is ok for a graphic artist application. Need it to be a little thicker on the About Me section for old farts, but otherwise it looks good to me.

Nitpicking: Grammar check your paragraphs.

Remove "got", it isn't a proper verb, don't use colliqualisms in a formal paper submission.

Remove "over". It is best for your active voice to be used and to have strict establishment of dates in formal submissions, this results in an outward confidence to be projected upon the reader.

Remove "Forcasted", replace with "estimated" as the verbage is better suited.

Remove "9". Numerical values under four digits should be spelled out for people, places, and things in formal writing.

Essentially: "I began using photoshop nine years ago when I started creating images for..."

Oxford comma usage is completely up to you, it is just recommended in formal lists.

"...business cards, flyers, and announcements..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Very soon when you have a job and are sitting back drinking a bottle of whiskey:

http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/w4AYv.gif&v=xfV1-mLU9ak

Font is ok for a graphic artist application. Need it to be a little thicker on the About Me section for old farts, but otherwise it looks good to me.

Nitpicking: Grammar check your paragraphs.

Remove "got", it isn't a proper verb, don't use colliqualisms in a formal paper submission.

Remove "over". It is best for your active voice to be used and to have strict establishment of dates in formal submissions, this results in an outward confidence to be projected upon the reader.

Remove "Forcasted", replace with "estimated" as the verbage is better suited.

Remove "9". Numerical values under four digits should be spelled out for people, place, things in formal writing.

Essentially "I began using photoshop nine years ago when I started creating images for..."

Oxford comma usage is completely up to you, it is just recommended in formal lists.

"...business cards, flyers, and announcements..."
Dear God it's like listening to my English professor all over again! Lol jk. But dat proofread doe...

Back