Optimal Setup for Helicopter Whoring

Ah yes, I forgot about graphics draw distance. I also forgot about TOW lock-ons.

I have long held that you have a very specific mouse and key mapping setup that optimizes your heli play at the expense of infantry and armor play, and that's why we dont see you on the ground too much. Is this true? You dont have to give your secrets.

WASD + arrow keys, no mouse. Mouse users have the disadvantage of running out of space and getting annoyed by that. Using DPI buttons and shit, fuck that..

WASD + arrow keys has the disadvantage of being slightly harder to hit long range TOW. On most maps helicopters do not really fight eachother 1v1 that much, so I prefer to rely on my team to repel/kill/assist in removing the enemy aircraft.

I don't play infantry that much unless I can get in a squad with competent players. I like playing support style very much, it's just hard to get into a squad that wants to tryhard and do their best. My favourite things to do in BF4 is using a rhib boat / jeep and support friendly attack boats/armor.

Don’t tel them the secrets bro.

I Just play with med Settings to save my poor cpu because I got sooooo many other programs running. Not because I know the enemy soldiers and armor will render at a further distance than buildings/vegetation

It doesn't matter what I tell the plebs. They will likely never be able to maneuver helicopters. I am amazed that nobody really flies backwards or sideways, circling, etc. Most players just fly forward and turn left/right. I kinda get it because they are probably all using the mouse, which is absolutely horrible. I guess the superior input would be a controller. This guy on twitch only plays littlebirds AFAIK, but he uses a controller and he is pretty fucking good. (
) Rarely plays BF4 anymore I think.

Anyway, the less players that want to play helicopter, the more helicopter I get to play

I'm not reading all this, fuck a helo catch you fuckers on bz2

Beta infantry-only gamer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The test range is available and a great place to learn to maneuver aircraft

Ah it's that simple? Fluff sees enemy tanks long before I do, even when I am zoomed in with TV missile optics. I get that the map can tell general area, but he gets so surgical with the TOW from distance that I figured there was more to it than just checking map. But I guess like any other part of the game, one can learn the lanes and landmarks and know where the tank would be just by checking map.

Spectate Fluffy sometime. I have.

Things I've learned from spectating Fluffy:

1. The SOB is good.
2. He does not cheat. He doesn't need to.
3. He's resourceful and excels at playing the features of the game like defilade and terrain, time to reload flares, time to reload rockets, creative approaches to targets, etc.
4. And I've seen him toggle the map. He's quick about it too.

Back