Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Permanent Bans for Map Glitches

I really dont get questioning why rules are set in place, for any certain reason.
They are usually clearly stated by the admin, giving the ban.

As someone stated to me once a few years ago, there are very few rules on BZ servers, but the ones set in lace. Are from years of admining and overseeing the servers, and where the problems lie.
Let's not get into the TOS argument, because there are plenty of servers out there that limit kits, or weapons that you can use on certain maps or players on servers. IE.

The game is old enough where you should know where the glitches are and how to exploit what ever they are. Putting beacons in unreachable places, or place yourself in a untouchable position.

I play commander a good bit, and I can see SL views, anytime I want.
Ive seen players, look through rocks, on several maps. Just by the position you place yourself around it.
Seeing through it, not allowing enemies to see you.. Clearly use of it as a offensive/defensive position, where you can get the jump on most enemies..
Seeing this, can these people be ban for doing so??

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Seeing this, can these people be ban for doing so??

Typically not, but they’re may be some spots we don’t know about. All the spots I know of are allowed though, as they’re way too easy to get to on accident.

RipeSnipe

-bZ- Member
I think the idea is more of, whoever has the mindset that utilizing such a glitch is acceptable, they most likely have other ideas in game that are not in line with what Banzore upholds.
aka if they're willing to glitch into a map, they have an understanding that it is an unfair advantage (otherwise they wouldn't be doing it) therefore they have no conscious, so fuck em.

the excuse of "I didn't know it would get me banned" is fucking retarded. you were completely fine with going 47 and 3 while the entire enemy team was unable to kill you but you can't reflect and understand it's something you shouldn't be doing? and you have to be told to stop doing it?

nah.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
None were actually intended locations by the developers.

Oh....I don't know about that. Some of the 'glitches' are not so much glitches in code but terrain exploits. Climbing up on the mountain in Locker is a terrain exploit and I suspect it was intentional, like an Easter Egg we were meant to find it. On the A flag on Locker I've seen people get up on top of the storage racks and this is likewise not a glitch but a terrain exploit. I've seen it done but lack the patience to do it myself. There's not much advantage in doing it either.

In Siege of Shanghai there's a bunch of ledges and places to hide beacons that not everyone is aware of. They're legit places and not at all glitches. It's also hard to believe that they're all unintentional.

Caspian Border has a wonderful terrain glitch that you can only parachute into. I like that one!

The dam at Lancang Dam has a ton of terrain exploits on it. They're lots of fun to explore if you haven't already done so. Some are useless as places to attack from but they're perfect places to hide a spawn beacon.

Hainan has a couple quasi-exploits on it. Mostly on the two parts of the ship.

Nothing on Nansha that I can think of.

Dragon Pass is rife with terrain exploits. Fun map that one.

Dragon Valley 2015 has a couple neat terrain exploits at the E flag.

Not much to speak of on Silk Road.

Dawnbreaker is to me the glitchiest map. All sorts of ways to find yourself under the map and unable to get out. You can swim under it, spawn into the tunnels before the Levolution, and of course the glitches that get people banned. It also has a couple spots where you can be out of bounds on the map but where you can be anyway and without seeing an out-of-bounds countdown. No real advantage to that but it's there.

Hovercraft glitch is a bannable offense due to the severity of the glitch. It can get to a point where it acts as a spawn beacon and becomes unkillable due to the extreme altitude it can reach. Planes and helicopters can't even reach the heights of the hovercraft if the glitch is performed.

Beacons on the upper floors of metro or the mountains on locker however are fine because the beacons/players can still be killed or even countered. You just have to shoot the player/equipment, or use explosives/MAVs.

the hovercraft no warning permban is comical overkill

as if someone is going to see the server on the bf4 server browser and see BANZORE BZ1 NO STUPID RULES and then run to the website to read the rules. then even if they did that, which they wont, the "approved exploits" aren't listed anywhere in the rules.

but then, in actuality, there are double secret probation rules requiring the player to dig on the forum to find a thread and read 45 pages of bitching that boil down to the following, "wellllllll we dont like this glitch faggot, enjoy your perm ban"

the whole thing is down syndrome level retarded.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
in actuality, there are double secret probation rules requiring the player to dig on the forum to find a thread and read 45 pages of bitching
This is what I dislike, it should all be listed on the primary post of the rules topic so people don't have to go digging. Using the reasoning of "its common sense" isn't enough due to people's varying opinions of what is harmless and what isn't. If anything, the server description (what you see during the load screen) should be amended to include no glitching. While subtle, the player would then technically be warned.

Dawnbreaker is to me the glitchiest map. All sorts of ways to find yourself under the map and unable to get out. You can swim under it, spawn into the tunnels before the Levolution, and of course the glitches that get people banned. It also has a couple spots where you can be out of bounds on the map but where you can be anyway and without seeing an out-of-bounds countdown. No real advantage to that but it's there.
Dawnbreaker's end game picture time doesn't even work. It's definitely the glitchiest map. Shittiest too in my opinion.

I disagree that these types of "terrain exploits" aren't glitches though. They are. Some are harmless. Some are more harmful to the one doing the glitching than the opposing team. Some are capable of being very real advantages to the glitcher. All of them are taking advantage of an unintended or unexpected effect or consequence. Even some of the most harmless ones - like the third floor at A on Metro - are glitches in the strictest sense since they are in a part of the map the developers never expected us to see ; you can determine this by looking at the ( lack of ) textures in those spots.

I believe the most egregious ones like the hovercraft glitch, or the inside-the-map ones should be punished severely. Sometimes that should be a permanent ban and sometimes it shouldn't be - different circumstances call for different consequences - but it should be clearly stated in the rules that these are not allowed. The problem is how to word this rule succinctly. Providing a lengthy explanation isn't going to cut it because people won't read that and we will just be in the same situation we are in now. A blanket "no glitching" could also create problems however. Would the admins be willing to deal with numerous reports from people commenting about vouzouing, Metro third floor, and other counterable glitches? That's for them to decide.

This is what I dislike, it should all be listed on the primary post of the rules topic so people don't have to go digging. Using the reasoning of "its common sense" isn't enough due to people's varying opinions of what is harmless and what isn't. If anything, the server description (what you see during the load screen) should be amended to include no glitching. While subtle, the player would then technically be warned.

exactly.

you can break the posted rules a bunch and no big deal for the most part.

but if you break the hidden rules, you're perm banned without warning.

the harshest penalties are completely omitted from any mention anywhere.

then people double down defending the treatment. its baffling

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
It's pretty simple. We've always had one golden rule here at banzore. Don't be an asshole. If you're using a glitch, however you want to justify it, you're being an asshole and subject to being banzored.
Actually it depends on the glitch, some are okay, some will get you removed permanently. The point isn’t to allow glitching, it’s to specify what exactly is not allowed without digging through pages on a forum.

the hovercraft no warning permban is comical overkill

as if someone is going to see the server on the bf4 server browser and see BANZORE BZ1 NO STUPID RULES and then run to the website to read the rules. then even if they did that, which they wont, the "approved exploits" aren't listed anywhere in the rules.

but then, in actuality, there are double secret probation rules requiring the player to dig on the forum to find a thread and read 45 pages of bitching that boil down to the following, "wellllllll we dont like this glitch faggot, enjoy your perm ban"

the whole thing is down syndrome level retarded.

Amen, brother

I gotta say, i wonder if punkbuster kicks for say, LOCKER, were relaxed. people get on the second floor in the middle tower room, but i swear PB kicked if you were on that 2nd floor "ring" area.. I also feel that PB kicked when you went up the side of the mountain maybe, say half way. Both tactics suck when your on a noob team and the other team is using them. The noobs have no clue, mostly because its not something you would normally do. ami right ladies?

I gotta say, i wonder if punkbuster kicks for say, LOCKER, were relaxed. people get on the second floor in the middle tower room, but i swear PB kicked if you were on that 2nd floor "ring" area.. I also feel that PB kicked when you went up the side of the mountain maybe, say half way. Both tactics suck when your on a noob team and the other team is using them. The noobs have no clue, mostly because its not something you would normally do. ami right ladies?
IMG_1126.JPG

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Actually it depends on the glitch, some are okay, some will get you removed permanently. The point isn’t to allow glitching, it’s to specify what exactly is not allowed without digging through pages on a forum.
However you want to justify it...;)