Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Permanent Bans for Map Glitches

I've been seeing more and more perma-bans for people using map glitches, hovercraft glitches, etc.

Seems pretty excessive to get a no questions asked perma-ban for using a map glitch. BF4 devs made mistakes that they're obviously never going to fix... Undoubtedly people will find and use them.

Some glitches are fun, and it's not like it really affects anyone's lives in an older video game like this. All of these servers are casual.... ???

Covert8645

-bZ- Member
It's a difficult subject for me. If I'm playing a game, I'm not reading through their entire Terms of Service before I play. If I'm consistent with certain servers and am very familiar with their rules, I may look more into a game's ToS to keep playing with friends, but most people won't go out of their way to see what is bannable and what isn't.

If things like glitches and what not are there, they need to fix it. Just me.

Covert8645

-bZ- Member
So you think we should let people glitch inside of the map and shoot people from where they cannot be killed?

We only go after glitches that give a definite advantage, and in cases where people clearly are doing it with ill intent.
"I" don't, no. But some glitches that are solely like a living spawn beacon, I think maybe more punishes before bans.

Like I said, it took me a while to figure out no-no stuff with BF.

Places where people can shoot out and can't be hit, that's a big no-no.

Personally I do think an absolute perma ban is a little excessive for some of them especially when someone demonstrates genuine remorse for their actions. While ignorance isn't a defense it can provide some context to a situation. The glitch spot on Dawnbreaker ( or one glitch spot? I'm not sure if there are more since I hate Dawnbreaker and I avoid playing it ) for example is both obscure enough to not know about while also being easy enough to stumble upon accidentally that I think a permanent ban for it could be excessive. If you're casually sniping on that roof/ledge then I can see how you might stumble into it without realizing it's there. Glitching into the ceilings on Metro or Locker, or into the mountain on Locker are the kinds of things you can't really just stumble upon however. The ceiling glitches in particular require deliberate and repeated actions and the use of certain equipment to accomplish. Placing a MAV on the box outside med bay on Locker and then using it to boost you onto a tiny ledge isn't something you just casually do.

I think it is our responsibility as players to inform people of their prohibited glitches before reporting them. If the person does not respond or if they indicate that they don't care if it's banned then I think reporting them is the correct reaction.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Personally I'd like a one time appeal option instead of an immediate permanent ban for glitching. Even if they were willfully and intentionally using it, that one time appeal can act as their only warning which hopefully has the wake up call effect on them, then there'd be no room for follow up appeals afterwards. It's not any extra work either in my opinion, plus even the third party anti-cheat services offer that one time mercy.

I've been seeing more and more perma-bans for people using map glitches, hovercraft glitches, etc.

Seems pretty excessive to get a no questions asked perma-ban for using a map glitch. BF4 devs made mistakes that they're obviously never going to fix... Undoubtedly people will find and use them.

Some glitches are fun, and it's not like it really affects anyone's lives in an older video game like this. All of these servers are casual.... ???

There are no casuals in bZ1 bruther

Just the farmers and the farmed

Attachments

• BCAAF35B-4C45-4B5D-8787-D826793D2DC6.jpeg
    BCAAF35B-4C45-4B5D-8787-D826793D2DC6.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 29
Personally I'd like a one time appeal option instead of an immediate permanent ban for glitching. Even if they were willfully and intentionally using it, that one time appeal can act as their only warning which hopefully has the wake up call effect on them, then there'd be no room for follow up appeals afterwards. It's not any extra work either in my opinion, plus even the third party anti-cheat services offer that one time mercy.

Fully agree. It seems like they just drop the hammer over something that's arguably quite insignificant in the game. No questions asked - Appeal Denied.

So you think we should let people glitch inside of the map and shoot people from where they cannot be killed?

We only go after glitches that give a definite advantage, and in cases where people clearly are doing it with ill intent.

I don't agree that people should be abusing the glitches. All I'm saying is that a perma-ban is overly excessive, especially when it seems like some of the players aren't even given warnings.

Yes, because that’s the current policy. If the policy were to change, we wouldn’t have to do that.
Yeah i agree with the policy. Though I will say i played on locker last week on bz 1.5 and one of our squad put a spawn beacon way way up high on the rocks above the enemies spawn. I asked multiple times if it was a legal area (the spawn beacon did end up getting mortared up there) and the dude said yeah but I didnt use the spawn point just in case (it was very high). Is the policy that whoever started the glitch is the one getting banned or is it anyone that uses it because it would be easy to join a squad, go to a glitch spot, record people spawning on it unknowingly and get them banned, no?

Last edited:

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Typically only the player who initiated the glitch. However, if a squad mate spawns (inside somewhere that deems them unkillable, for example) and starts to abuse the glitch, say by getting kills, they’d also be under grounds for a permanent ban.

l2ksolkov

Donator
You don’t really get permanent bans handed out for you unless you’re abusing it. Just accidentally waltzing into a glitch does not get you banned. I’ve done it before on Hainan in the elevator, dawn breaker on the tall building and on D, Guilin I found one by landing on the mountain and backing up and I just fell inside of it. The difference is nothing happened to me because I either redeployed to get out or immediately left the area and didn’t go back.

If you’re not sure if a spot is prohibited you can always ask an admin before you do it.

Yeah i agree with the policy. Though I will say i played on locker last week on bz 1.5 and one of our squad put a spawn beacon way way up high on the rocks above the enemies spawn. I asked multiple times if it was a legal area (the spawn beacon did end up getting mortared up there) and the dude said yeah but I didnt use the spawn point just in case (it was very high). Is the policy that whoever started the glitch is the one getting banned or is it anyone that uses it because it would be easy to join a squad, go to a glitch spot, record people spawning on it unknowingly and get them banned, no?
Some of the admins can correct me if I am wrong but as long as the beacon is outside of the mountain it is allowed.

Coldkiller

-bZ- Member
Is the hovercraft glitch banned? I don't see much difference between that than beacons on the upper floors of metro or on the mountains on locker. None were actually intended locations by the developers.
Hovercraft glitch is a bannable offense due to the severity of the glitch. It can get to a point where it acts as a spawn beacon and becomes unkillable due to the extreme altitude it can reach. Planes and helicopters can't even reach the heights of the hovercraft if the glitch is performed.

Beacons on the upper floors of metro or the mountains on locker however are fine because the beacons/players can still be killed or even countered. You just have to shoot the player/equipment, or use explosives/MAVs.

Some of the admins can correct me if I am wrong but as long as the beacon is outside of the mountain it is allowed.
The beacon was destroyed (by a mortar) but my friend spawned up there and it seemed like people either were really bad at shooting or there was a invis wall. he wasnt inside the mountain though. I did spawn there once and jump down so I am unsure about the invis wall thing, but we were definitely not inside the mountain.