Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Please reassess disperse on BZ1.

BZ1 was created because Neonardo and I were falsely banned for cheating on another server. We dominated the server, and they banned us because we were too good. That was when Assualt, Neo, and I thought to create our own servers again. We told each other we would only ban players who were hacking with concrete evidence and to never ban people who were just playing too good. An example of this is Tusk; everyone hates him because he's extremely good, but we don't have actual proof he's hacking, and he's probably just really good after playing so much. So a lot of players on Bz1 are friends because we brought a lot of people with us when we started in the early Bz days. Or they are either players falsely banned on other servers because they are good at the game. There are a lot of talented people that I hate playing. Auto balance is trying its best with its wide variety of people. There are a lot of new people and a lot of veterans who have been playing since release.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I was under the impression that donating for VIP won't protect you from disperse. Am I wrong or is that the compromise I'm looking for?

VIP will not remove you from the disperse list.

That's pretty much my whole point. I just want to be able to play a round without being swapped back and forth.

If that’s your point, then why are you complaining? Just play the game.

BZ1 was created because Neonardo and I were falsely banned for cheating on another server. We dominated the server, and they banned us because we were too good. That was when Assualt, Neo, and I thought to create our own servers again. We told each other we would only ban players who were hacking with concrete evidence and to never ban people who were just playing too good.
Contrary to this nice sentiment, BSS members were soft banned. We're slightly above average players and for some reason we were marked as being total killers. We're just 5 active players, as we were then, and not as good as say, BZ or MVP in my opinion. I can about guarantee no new player or would-be BZ donator saw our low kd (takes a lot of deaths to stay on flags over TDP), and complained.

This is why I've never understood being on this list in the first place. We have proven countless times that we're about the conquest part of the game, we don't farm, and we switch if the game is too one-sided, which is very boring.

But if you ignore all of that, it's not even working as intended. It has some higher priority over the regular balance scripts, so what ends up happening is it just constantly throws us to each team back and forth regardless of which team is winning, or player ranks. I can literally show you me swapping on video like 5-6 times. For us, this game is about playing with regulars and friends, but this list has made all of that moot and BZ1 unplayable.

Ironically I was about to suggest donating to BZ just before this happen, as we did with USSA and RS. But even when bringing this up after, there has never been any guarantees made that paying would have mattered. We were thinking of looking into paying again recently, but there's something gross about being soft banned until you pay up.

That's too easy.
To my knowledge, Neo has never stated this takes you off the list. Please let me know if I'm incorrect or if you can confirm this. Still feels gross to pay to get removed from a soft ban list but it's worth knowing.
Don't worry most of those "dispersed" players have found their way to server 1.5. Now here the stacking becomes more obvious, and it drains the player count at a faster rate.
Take a scoreboard screenshot. Then note the game mode as being conquest, and the points are from staying on flags. You let me know if the KD is anything that would frustrate new players. You're asserting something here that's just not true. But I will wait for your screenshots.

You also need to keep in mind that a lot of your new players find limited servers to play, and end up treating the Conquest map as Team Death Match. They just care about KD, and don't even care to listen to any squad leaders. This is reason in part why we have a large score, but low-to-average KD, because unlike them we form squads and use in-game voip to play conquest.

Maybe if the command !assist could be more effective the server would be better balanced.
For example the SWAP thing, many times I assist to the losing team but when the server is full sometimes I got swap with another high value player so balance doesnt work as it supposed to do.
For the other hand, if you dont want to get move to the other team because autobalance there is a ”warning“ in the chat so find some covert and dont move until another player got moved.

OKNewPlan

Donator
Maybe if the command !assist could be more effective the server would be better balanced.
I think it might be even simpler than that. The balancer uses a "Definition of Strong Players" that I would bet uses the setting "Round score" but should instead use "Round KDR" or "Round Kills."

1706046286678.png

This setting change would in theory fix the day time farming that interferes with pop building, like earlier today for example where the scores are meh but the kills are high:

1706046201773.png

The balancer uses a "Definition of Strong Players" that I would bet uses the setting "Round score" but should instead use "Round KDR" or "Round Kills."
Wouldn't "Round Score" be the best metric though? I mean look at Gamo's latest post about 1.5, wouldn't KDR/Kills just reward farming and not playing the objective?

OKNewPlan

Donator
Wouldn't "Round Score" be the best metric though? I mean look at Gamo's latest post about 1.5, wouldn't KDR/Kills just reward farming and not playing the objective?
In real gameplay yes, but not for a balancer's logic when dealing with farmers.

For example in my previous screenshot if the balancer identifies Strong players with the Round Score then it's basically just Grouch (who is already trying to help the team of Farmees) so there is no trigger to balance and nothing changes.
If the definition of Strong players was changed to Round KDR then multiple people on the Farmers team would be identified and balanced.

Maybe it's different at prime time where there are actual good players who take flags though.