Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Server 7 Rotation?

Not sure why, but it seems like at 1pm my time (midnight where the server is hosted) the server defaults to flood zone. I'm sure I've asked this before, but is there any way to alter this? Drives me, along with a lot of rush regulars, absolutely nuts because it's not a terribly popular map (in fact it's hated by many lol). Sometimes we will even just finish flood zone, and then it will default back to flood zone again. Or maybe 1 or 2 maps in-between if we are unlucky. If it's a seeding rotation thing, would it be possible to push that back by several hours. The server typically keeps 16v16 at minimum well past 1am, and I've noticed a bunch of regs wondering why it defaults to Flood and then DLC maps seem to be missing.

I second this, the server is always ignoring mapvote in the evenign and goes to flood which most people hate and it kills the server, then it goes to another map, starts to get ppl again then goes to flood and kills off population again, rinse and repeat, then you get flood every other map which in itself kills the server even for ppl who like flood sometimes (I can do it once every couple hours or so, but doing it like 2-3 times in like an hour... its not my favourite map and its just way too much to the point where I usually will just quit if I see it show up a 2nd time).

Finally, it seems several maps are missing off rotation (ones that don't kill the server when its high population) lately: hammerhead and guilen peaks def. don't empty the server (I know silk, dragon pass and altai can sometimes kill the server as they are iffy rush maps).

Last edited:
sounds like the US elections :D:D:p

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
If population gets low the rotation goes back to core only maps. If that happens after a map vote has taken place then the map that was voted on will not be played.

@CriscoCube the thresholds at which DLC maps get added/stay in rotation is set at a level you told me to set IIRC. I'll check over the thresholds soon and see if they can be tweaked a bit but if the population is hovering around the spot where the threshold is set then yeah it will seem like it's acting crazy.

If it is diverting to seeding population, can we nix flood zone from the rotation? It's consistently been incredibly unpopular for the years I've played rush. I can't imagine it's a great map to build population in, and I feel as though it is often the nail in the coffin when it is the default map for the seeding script. I can't imagine much, if any, backlash at either setting the default to locker (a consistent pop building map) or if it isn't possible to specify the default, removing flood entirely from the seed rotation so we at least get a half decent map when it ignores our votes.

Last edited:

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I made one small adjustment so far, it shouldn't always go to Flood Zone. It should be more random when the vote doesn't work at least.

I also lowered the average player threshold required to keep DLC maps in rotation.