Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Server "Upgrades"

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
The previous upgrades have not gone over very well - something about AMD CPUs and BF4 don't get along well. Even though the CPU is more powerful lag is worse. We're reverting to the previous Intel CPU config which was quite smooth. I'll post an update when this is done and it should resolve the server side lag issues.

I also can't help but think that the excessive crashes are somehow related. Hopefully that will improve once we go back to the Intel chip as well.

The following servers have been "reverted" to the known good CPU config. This should minimize the server-induced lag on heavy (mostly water) maps and hopefully eliminate a lot of the crashes.

bZ1 - HC All Maps
bZ2 - HC Metro/Locker/Pearl
bZ3 - Vanilla Maps
bZ4 - 24/7 Locker
bZ5 - HC TDM
bZ6 - All Maps

Sorry for the last ~5 months of sub-par performance.

For full context, this is the original "Upgrade" announcement from Agust, 31, 2023 in Discord:

I'm happy to announce that many of our main BF4 servers have just received a significant CPU upgrade. This will mean even smoother gameplay, better hitreg, and overall a better experience

The following servers have been upgraded:

bZ1 - HC All Maps
bZ3 - Vanilla Maps
bZ4 - 24/7 Locker
bZ5 - HC TDM
bZ6 - All Maps
bZ12 - Rush
bZ13 - TDM

Enjoy!

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
The AMD cpu was a 5950x no?

Yes. It's not that the CPU itself was bad, just something about BF4 server doesn't get along with it super well. Unfortunately due to EA restrictions we don't get real access to the machines so I can't really troubleshoot it directly.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Yes. It's not that the CPU itself was bad, just something about BF4 server doesn't get along with it super well. Unfortunately due to EA restrictions we don't get real access to the machines so I can't really troubleshoot it directly.
It’s okay, you still managed to find the main problem: AMD bad.

Slash5.0

-bZ- Member
Donator
The previous upgrades have not gone over very well - something about AMD CPUs and BF4 don't get along well. Even though the CPU is more powerful lag is worse. We're reverting to the previous Intel CPU config which was quite smooth. I'll post an update when this is done and it should resolve the server side lag issues.

I also can't help but think that the excessive crashes are somehow related. Hopefully that will improve once we go back to the Intel chip as well.

The following servers have been "reverted" to the known good CPU config. This should minimize the server-induced lag on heavy (mostly water) maps and hopefully eliminate a lot of the crashes.

bZ1 - HC All Maps
bZ3 - Vanilla Maps
bZ4 - 24/7 Locker
bZ5 - HC TDM
bZ6 - All Maps

Sorry for the last ~5 months of sub-par performance.

For full context, this is the original "Upgrade" announcement from Agust, 31, 2023 in Discord:
<3 you are still the sexy BF4 wizard bro :D

nasty at 5.6ghz!!! should run the old shit coding of BF4 well....