Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Suggestion for high pingers on BZ #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurhappy0

Donator
I have the same issue, even posted about it yesterday in a different thread. My latency is usually 15ms or less. It is very frustrating and kills the fun when a squad run 155-185ms. You can't kill them when they exploit the "Net Code". It sucks to go from a decent K/D, to a negative K/D and getting base raped in a couple of rounds due to high latency players. I have watched the BZ servers go from full to empty in a few rounds due to this. Typically I quit and go to another server if there is 25% or higher 100+ pingers. Then there are the throttlers out there. When they shoot at you their latency is low, when you shoot at them it's high. I wonder if there is a script or plugin for the server to combat this? I need to record this and do a side by side video.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I have watched the BZ servers go from full to empty in a few rounds due to this

No you haven't.

I wonder if there is a script or plugin for the server to combat this

We have automatic kicks for ping when it's too low. Pretty much impossible to tell if it's too high.

I've never seen someone with an arbitrarily high ping. The people with higher pings are always from other countries, etc.

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I get where you are coming from, but the percentage of people actually doing this is not as blown up as you think it is. Actually this has decreased a hell of a lot since we implemented the vpn blocker. It is a SMALL minority of people who actually throttle. I am talking like less than 1%. You will get that in literally any online game no matter what you do or implement, cheeky bastards will always be cheeky bastards.

I will stress again that these servers are always going to be a work in progress, and are a HUGE balancing act. Everything from map choice to back-end plugins to anti-cheat and yes even Latency. There is never going to be a combination that is going to be 100% perfect, but trust me, we are looking at the big picture here.

Give or take about 1/4th of the players who play on our servers are not from America/Canada. Many of them are from south america and Europe, we take away that 1/4th and give that back to the European servers we will not get the servers kick-started in the morning or extend the hours that they are populated into the evenings. I am sorry it is an inconvenience for you and others, but we are looking at what is going to keep all of our servers viable into the extended future.

Thank you again for giving your input, I hope you and your fam have a wonderful Christmas!

yeah I would like it if you kick the ping maskers like RC2 does.. when it shows "-" instead of the actual ping, they should be kicked.. Thats why i said, weekends we should have ping limits.. Servers are always full, no high pingers = heaven! As previously mentioned 200 ping limit is like neo-Nazi!

RazorBites

Donator
I agree with admins 130 that would cut out a lot of countries in the world its just too low, 200 is spot on I only really see effects of high pingers hurting the server over 400-900 SURE 300 MAKES THEM HARD TO HIT, well SHOOT THE OTHER GUY
as for reg in bf4 wtf i gave up caring years ago
there will always be complaints, if they set it to 50 some body will still say LAG , HIT BEHIND WALL ETC these servers are doing a good job and they keep ppl coming back so we can enjoy this flawed game
all the same.... TO EVERYONE ON BANZORE WISH YOU ALL A VERY MERRY XMAS!!!

Last edited:
Hey All,

As we all know everyone hates high pingers.. They stress the server out, and they're a big annoyance for everyone..

I know all y'all say that they keep server full.. to an extent.. During the day, sure keep them.. I don't play during the day and most of us don't as we work.

Now, to be fair, for weekends, during a specific time frame, say friday evening 6pm until 1 am EST. We could have a max ping of 130 (so jopes can play) and anything above be kicked. So thus server will be running smooth and doesn't have to do extra calculations, which stresses server out.

It gets really annoying having these 150-200 pingers in the server. They stress the server, and your shots don't reg on them and you get killed behind walls.. it really ruins the BF 4 experience for a lot of us that enjoy few beers, few joints and kick ass in game.

Everytime high pingers play, we all complain, it gets frusterating. So my suggestion with that time frame and only on weekends, even if it's just friday/saturday when server is PEAK, is a WIN.

Suggestions all???
2021 and people thinking the "high pingers" affect the server...
If in this comunity make that 130 ms limit - the people go away.

You people are ignorant, do your research, then speak.. It's been proven that HIGH PINGERS do effect server performance and are also very annoying as they don't die, or they get you behind walls.. If they made the server 130, nothing would change for population, the servers at night will stay full without them. Anywhoo, Neo already made up his mind, no idea why you people still commenting on this.. Neo, you should close this thread I created.

You people are ignorant, do your research, then speak.. It's been proven that HIGH PINGERS do effect server performance and are also very annoying as they don't die, or they get you behind walls.. If they made the server 130, nothing would change for population, the servers at night will stay full without them. Anywhoo, Neo already made up his mind, no idea why you people still commenting on this.. Neo, you should close this thread I created.

being bad at the game has nothing to do with those with high latencies.

playing with high ping is much more difficult, and there is even a disadvantage since the packets to the server when firing quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.