TioLofX.jpg

Color guide for info:
Confirmed for launch
Confirmed for DLC
Confirmed to not be in game
Rumors

Game Info:
Official site: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront
Release date: Nov. 17th 2015 (currently)
Platforms: PC, PS4, XB1
8-40 players
Game modes: Walker Assault, Survival, Battles, Hero Battles, Trials
$60 standard edition
$70 deluxe edition - Instant access to:

• DL44 blaster
  • Ion Grenade
  • Ion Torpedo
  • Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
  • Victory (exclusive emote)
Free DLC: Battle of Jakku (Dec. 1 for preorders, Dec. 8 for everyone)

No Battlelog for Battlefront

No space battles or planet-to-space combat (will update if space DLC gets announced)

Game modes:

Walker Assault: 40 players max (20v20). Rebels must stop the Imperial advance and take down the AT-AT walkers by controlling uplink stations. Once an uplink station is held, rebels can call in Y-Wing bombers to disable the AT-ATs defenses. At this point you can do damage with regular blasters or have a snowspeeder go in for a tow cable takedown (at least on Hoth, other planets will probably have other methods/vehicles). Players on the Imperial side can hold uplink stations until they run out of power and force the rebels to find another. AT-ATs are on rails and can be played by Imperial players by finding a powerup on the map. Gameplay video.

Survival: Play as a rebel soldier against 15 waves of increasingly difficult Imperial enemies including Stormtroopers, Scouttroopers, Shadowtroopers, TIE fighters, and AT-STs (probably more). Single player or offline/online co-op.

Battles: Instant action type game mode. Play against AI. Not much info so far.

Hero Battles: No info

Trials: No info

Planets/Maps:

Game will be launching with the following 4 planets and 12 multiplayer maps. SP/Co-op missions will "offer more locations".

Hoth (ice planet)

Endor (forest moon of planet Endor)

Tatooine (desert planet)

Sullust (rocky, volcanic planet; not seen in the movies), 4 different map themes: volcanic, sulfuric, Death Star, and a mine.

Jakku (desert planet, big battle happens here ~1 year after Ep6 ended and before the new Ep7)

Weapons:

DL44 Blaster (Han Solo used this blaster)

Ion Grenade

Ion Torpedo

No iron sights for weapons (you can still ADS though).

Vehicles:

Speeder bikes (commonly known from scenes on Endor)

Snowspeeders (ships on Hoth that tie up the AT-AT's legs with long cables)

AT-ATs (the big 4 legged Imperial walkers, on-rails in Walker Assault mode)

AT-STs (the smaller 2 legged Imperial walkers)

X-Wings

TIE Fighters

Millenium Falcon

TIE Interceptor (I'm putting this under rumor due to them being in concept art for Sullust)

Heroes:

Power up system that varies depending on game mode. Collect the hero powerup and you get the hero until you die or time runs out.

Luke Skywalker: Attacks include a wide sweep heavy lightsaber attack, force push, and saber rush, some sort of fast force power move.

Darth Vader: Also has a wide sweep lightsaber attack, force choke, and saber throw.

Boba Fett: Uses his standard EE-3 carbine rifle. Has a jet pack, two wrist launchers, one with a rocket and one with a flame thrower

Other stuff:

C-3PO and R2-D2 will be making some sort of appearance

Media:

Walker Assault on Hoth gameplay video

Co-op on Tatooine gameplay video

Reveal trailer

Screenshots from the April reveal
Stormtrooper riding a speeder bike on Endor (no watermark, 1920x1080)

Hi-res pic (5132x3750) of the main Battlefront image with the logo scrubbed out

Last edited by a moderator:

Kratos

-bZ- Member
Donator
Sweet!

I just saw the Star Wars trailer and now this, I am excited about this game. I hope Dice rethinks no battlelog, other than that it looks so awesome! Giggity Giggity

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
I have put off gaming for almost a month now. This might actually get me into gaming again... I played the shit out of the first and second ones. Would love to see BF4 specs on SWBF. Have your rigs ready, because this will certainly make your PC cry more than BF4 does. 

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
Places like Gamestop take trades. Although I doubt you will get much. Should be more than most though since it's new.

Of course this only applies if you have a hard copy...

There are websites out there that will buy keys to games though, but you get next to nothing for them.

Kratos

-bZ- Member
Donator
I'm with Outlaw on this one, I'll hold any judgment until it comes out.

I can only hope they follow battlefront 2 method.

-bZ-Outlaw

-bZ- Member
Donator
I never played any of the battlefront games, so I don't understand all this fucking negativity toward something we only seen snippets and heard rumors about, this is why I don't like trailers and teaser since all they do is give you a wrong impression or hype you up too much.

willister

-bZ- Member
Sorry I kinda disappeared after posting this lol. Had to reformat last week and haven't been around much. Just started getting back to normal life today.. If you see me mention BF in here, I'm referring to Battlefront  ;-)

All of that is still up in the air, we won't know until the game comes out
 With the exception of a couple points in that article it's all confirmed info.

1. There is no single player campaign, just a few missions depicting moments from the original trilogy that can be played solo or cooperatively.
Just like in the first Battlefront, but without the clone wars stuff this time around.

2. There is no galactic conquest mode.
This is slightly disappointing because it was a cool spin on conquest but shouldn't really change the fun factor or replay value of the game.. (You can read about it here)

3. The max player count is capped at 40 across all platforms. When asked whether bots would be featured DICE responded with "no comment".
I dunno, 40 could be ok depending on how the maps are laid out and what actually gets included like vehicles and the indigenous species or other NPCs. Also, not having bots would be insane, though I half expect them to exclude bots with the way they've been dodging any questions about them.. I have often found myself enjoying Battlefield a bit more when the server was a little less than full. That said, this is Star Wars. The battles are huge and epic and with current technology, I have to admit I was hoping (but not expecting) for something bigger like 100 man games.

4. There are no space battles or fighting in orbit, and air units will be confined to the area above ground maps like in the Battlefield franchise.
Again, disappointing, but I suspect space battles will be added as a future paid DLC. Probably with a game mode similar to air superiority. Maybe they'll even include the ability to land in the big ship's hangars like the old games...

5. The game will launch with only 4 playable planets, though how many maps will be set on each is unclear.
4 planets (at launch) with more than two maps each. Plus there's the free dlc Battle of Jakku which will add another planet with two maps (maybe more).

6. Only units and characters from the Original Trilogy will be featured.
Sort of expecting a paid DLC to add in clone wars stuff. Or maybe they'll just say fuck it and keep it tied closer to the original movies (Ep4-6) since the Battle of Jakku DLC takes places between Ep6 and 7.

I never played any of the battlefront games, so I don't understand all this fucking negativity toward something we only seen snippets and heard rumors about, this is why I don't like trailers and teaser since all they do is give you a wrong impression or hype you up too much.
Long story short is they're cutting back on some of the things that both of the previous titles had like 64 player battles and space combat (not to mention planet-to-space combat which was a big feature from the scrapped version of Battlefront 3 back in like 2009 and is available as a mod for BF2..) The other side of the negativity is there's just a bunch of people reading too much/little into what's being said. Tons of people freaked out about the AT-ATs being on rails but that's only confirmed for the Walker Assault game mode (which seems like the Payload game mode from TF2 which is fun..) Then there's EA giving their usual vague answers over Twitter which usually means no it won't be happening. People will find anything to bitch about, but with EA and DICE behind the game, I'm sure everyone is a bit nervous as to what may come lol. I feel like DICE has probably had enough time to work their shit out with the Frostbite engine to deliver a solid game. Plus I'm sure Lucasarts doesn't want a shit game launching a month before their new movie releases and DICE surely doesn't want another repeats of the launches for Battlefield 4, 3, BC2.. Oh god... (jk lol)

Anyway, I'll be reformatting the first post tomorrow probably. Reorganize it and tidy up before it gets too big so everything stays easy to read and update. I was going to do it tonight but this took me too long to type up lol.

Edit: Also found this high res (5132x3750) pic of the main Battlefront image with the logo scrubbed out (like the second pic in the op). Makes a cool wallpaper if anyone is interested. http://i.imgur.com/bs3FgE5.jpg

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
I have a feeling this game is going to be a disappointment given the extreme potential it is capable of. Knowing EA/DICE they won't take it to the next level and make this game what it needs to be. This would be one of the best games out there if they did it right because of what it can offer, but they'll make it bare minimum, DLC the shit out of it and do just enough to keep the money rolling in. If they were smart they'd take more time to do this thing right and go all out on it. Even non Star Wars gamers would go crazy over this if it was done right.