Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

The Church of UCAV just dropped another video

Israel

I find it funny that so many people despise the UCAV. Yes it is incredibly annoying for you and maybe a teammate or two to get killed but one person with a UCAV only launches maybe every 50-60 seconds. IN the scheme of things it, IMO, is less influential to the outcome of a match than say a MAV. ( I forget the respawn.) As a self-described "bipod using bitch" it is one of the best anti-camper utilities out there especially in TDM. It also isn't that hard to avoid if you have enough braincells to see the bright yellow light flying around in your direction.

I think a lot of people don't take the time to learn to control it well enough to get vehicles. Nice video.

mauirixxx

Donator
I find it funny that so many people despise the UCAV. Yes it is incredibly annoying for you and maybe a teammate or two to get killed but one person with a UCAV only launches maybe every 50-60 seconds. IN the scheme of things it, IMO, is less influential to the outcome of a match than say a MAV. ( I forget the respawn.) As a self-described "bipod using bitch" it is one of the best anti-camper utilities out there especially in TDM. It also isn't that hard to avoid if you have enough braincells to see the bright yellow light flying around in your direction.

I think a lot of people don't take the time to learn to control it well enough to get vehicles. Nice video.

Yeah a lone UCAV isn’t going to do much, save for rooting out campers and snipers.

The reason I target choppers though, is because targeting infantry is so easy it’s boring, there’s no challenge to it.

Choppers, especially the *good* pilots, are the ultimate challenge to me. I honestly miss them way more often than I hit, but I hit them consistently enough to make it worth it to keep trying for another one

UCAVs are mostly useless in conquest, similarly to mortars. Like mortars they can be useful at certain times and in certain situations however. Mortars can be useful on certain maps with choke points ( Operation Locker is the best example ) or for brief periods of time to suppress a heavily contested point. They are also insanely useful on Rush when attacking the objective, particularly if it's an exterior objective. UCAVs are primarily only useful when used to take out helicopters which, as Maurixxx said, can be difficult but very rewarding when done correctly. As you said they are also useful in rooting out well-entrenched campers. A shining example is on Flood Zone where a single UCAV can take out an entire rooftop of snipers.

For the life of me I can't fly the damned things. Same goes for SUAVs and jets. I do love using the MAV though.

mauirixxx

Donator
UCAVs are mostly useless in conquest, similarly to mortars. Like mortars they can be useful at certain times and in certain situations however. Mortars can be useful on certain maps with choke points ( Operation Locker is the best example ) or for brief periods of time to suppress a heavily contested point. They are also insanely useful on Rush when attacking the objective, particularly if it's an exterior objective. UCAVs are primarily only useful when used to take out helicopters which, as Maurixxx said, can be difficult but very rewarding when done correctly. As you said they are also useful in rooting out well-entrenched campers. A shining example is on Flood Zone where a single UCAV can take out an entire rooftop of snipers.

For the life of me I can't fly the damned things. Same goes for SUAVs and jets. I do love using the MAV though.

MAV's are a UCAV'ers best friend (in normal mode at least). I appreciate you guys so much lol. Regarding Floodzone rooftops, caught my first ever quintuple UCAV kill up there, hit 'em in their backside so no one saw it coming :D

Flying the UCAV (and SUAV and jets), like anything, just takes practice. Lots and lots of practice. I do wish my UCAV had the range and maneuverability of the SUAV though, but at the same time I'm glad it doesn't. Helps keep me focused on getting into better (but more dangerous) positions to UCAV from.

I disagree on UCAV's being mostly useless in Conquest though. I play the game, and as we move from flag to flag, I'll send a UCAV to the next one to scout the path and clear out anyone I can while my squad moves ahead of me (map dependent of course). I know, most folks who use it tend to play from the relative safety of the uncap, but I get bored easily so I gotta be on the move constantly :)

I disagree on UCAV's being mostly useless in Conquest though. I play the game, and as we move from flag to flag, I'll send a UCAV to the next one to scout the path and clear out anyone I can while my squad moves ahead of me (map dependent of course). I know, most folks who use it tend to play from the relative safety of the uncap, but I get bored easily so I gotta be on the move constantly :)
Oh there is a playstyle that can make use of them. I didn't mean to imply that you camped in the uncap. In fact looking at your videos it seems you do the opposite. Every gadget in the game is useful as a tool to accomplish the objective.