Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Thoughts on BF1 Trial (Deep Thoughts With Jack Handy)

Popas13

-bZ- Member
It is so good.

There have been a lot of fixes done since the beta.

The bomber tail gun is different because the bomber is now twin bodied. You can actually see to shoot now. The guy in back is standing in a half cage.

Horses die when you shoot them.

You can make multiple kit setups before hand, and just select which one (1,2, or 3) of a certain class to use.

The bullet drop seems tighter.

They totally redid the revive system. You get revived if you get stuck before your skip bar is gone. You advance the skip bar using the space bar. If you don't advance the skip bar, you can lay there dead for quite awhile, just waiting on a revive. After 30 seconds of dead time, or more, you will go back to the deploy screen.

There are so many more weapons.

The airship and dreadnought are awesome, and just like the train, slow. The ship in flames looks pretty cool, but the airship falling all around you looks incredible.

There are torpedo boats. With shields on the mounted machine guns, that are difficult to see out of. That is going to take some practice.

Somehow, DICE made this game put out some high frame rates despite all of the action on the screen. My system isn't so hot, but I can play without any issues. People using 970's can play on ultra at 60fps. And it is such a good looking game, this is surprising.

One new game mode is Operations. This looks like the map divided into sections, which are fought over one at a time by each team. Haven't played this but once, but it was very active. Bullets everywhere.

The other new game mode is Pigeons. I haven't played this one. Apparently, there is as pigeon coop placed on the map, and your team goes looking for it. If they find it, they bring it back to a safe zone and send a pigeon to call in an artillery strike. This sounds just like capture the flag to me, with a WW1 twist to it.

Battlepacks get awarded for certain levels or tasks completed. You can get an item in the battle pack that you already have. If you do have it, it will tell you that you have the item, and you can scrap the item and get scrap coins. You then save up these scrap coins and use them to purchase three different battlepack types. The possible contents are listed on the buy screen.

You also get war bonds each level to buy guns and equipment.

EVERYONE is going to be playing this game. It is really good. Not as fast as bf4, but faster than you think, especially in the trenches because of all the melee options. It is the vehicle war that is slowed down noticeably.

Last edited:

Dots

-bZ- Forum WHORE!
-bZ- Member
I'm holding off to see how the server/multiplayer ordeal is handled by the many communities.