Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Weird ping bug

KratingDaang

Donator
So when I join literally any game my ping will go from normal to 999 after a few minutes. But the thing is I can play just fine. So obviously my actual ping is fine and just the number showing on the scoreboard is bugged.

I have already tried reinstalling the game, clean installing windows, disabling firewall, running 32bit, uninstalling every program other than what is needed for BF4.

Again I can play just fine but it shows 999 ping in the scoreboard leading to me getting kicked.

Any ideas?

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
If you are using wifi for your game then I'd start by shutting off your router and unplugging it.

Let it cool for a few hours. Like overnight. Because heat is the likely issue this time of year. Optimum router performance is typically between 55F and 65F and after 65F heat can be an issue. I have a USB fan that aims at my router during the summer to mitigate this issue and it works, but you still need to have the AC on.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
So here I am responding to you and I end up with my own ping problem.

This issue is just on BZ1. BZ11 was just fine for me.

I ping BZ1 from the server at 34ms. But when I logon and play the game I'm getting 300+ for my ping. Doesn't happen on any other server.

Weird.

KratingDaang

Donator
So here I am responding to you and I end up with my own ping problem.

This issue is just on BZ1. BZ11 was just fine for me.

I ping BZ1 from the server at 34ms. But when I logon and play the game I'm getting 300+ for my ping. Doesn't happen on any other server.

Weird.

Man sorry to hear that you are having problems now but I just wanted to thank you.
I took the router out from under my desk and put it on top of my desk and that seems to have fixed all issues. Probably really was a heat problem.
So, thanks a lot!

i put my router on top of the home server that is always on.....top fans on server case keep it cool...

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Man sorry to hear that you are having problems now but I just wanted to thank you.
I took the router out from under my desk and put it on top of my desk and that seems to have fixed all issues. Probably really was a heat problem.
So, thanks a lot!

You're welcome!

My problem was DNS related. I set my DNS servers instead of allowing them to be dynamically assigned and that solved my problem.