Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

What is YOUR favorite Map / DLC Pack in Battlefield 4?

KarmaKiwi

Donator
I love the variety of maps in Battlefield 4. I think it has some of the best DLC (aside from some BF3 xpacks). I was wondering what everyone's favorite expansion/map was in Battlefield 4?

My favorite DLC map pack is Final Stand, hands down. I never got to experience 2142, so seeing some of the wacky, sci-fi inspired content is awesome. It still feels somewhat grounded in reality without being too over the top. (although the floating tanks are a bit out there). The easter eggs (phantom program!!) were incredible too, and that's something I find missing in a lot of newer games.

So, what's your favorite map / DLC pack? Are you a vanilla fanboy or is there something else you like more?

I think DICE and EA could take notes from their previous work and do some of these same things in their newer titles. BF2042 just feels a bit lacking in expansion content. Bring back the DLC map packs!

Pearl Market is a standout map for me. Like you I also enjoy most of the Final Stand maps. The railgun is very fun to use. Silk Road is great for getting bomber and javelin kills. I'm probably in the minority here but I actually really like all of the Naval Strike maps so if I had to pick a favorite map pack/expansion then I guess that would be it. Pearl Market is still probably my favorite BF4 map though so I'd miss that from Dragon's Teeth.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I like the large China maps. Dragon Valley 2015 and Dragon Pass.

Lots of balance in these maps where the chopper whores can't dominate. Lots of opportunity for infiltration and distraction too.

KarmaKiwi

Donator
Pearl Market is a standout map for me. Like you I also enjoy most of the Final Stand maps. The railgun is very fun to use. Silk Road is great for getting bomber and javelin kills. I'm probably in the minority here but I actually really like all of the Naval Strike maps so if I had to pick a favorite map pack/expansion then I guess that would be it. Pearl Market is still probably my favorite BF4 map though so I'd miss that from Dragon's Teeth.
Good picks! Pearl is probably my favorite infantry heavy map. And the naval strike maps, and even Paracel Storm, are actually really awesome. RHIB boat chases are sooo much fun. It's kind of crazy how good the water physics are in BF4!

KarmaKiwi

Donator
I like the large China maps. Dragon Valley 2015 and Dragon Pass.

Lots of balance in these maps where the chopper whores can't dominate. Lots of opportunity for infiltration and distraction too.
I love Dragon Pass but on Rush it can be rough sometimes! I love all the China Rising maps though, even the small ones! Good picks!

Thats a tough question. I'll be honest and i'm sure most, if not all agree that BF 3 had the best maps and DLC's.. As for BF 4.. I'm a little stumped.. I would have to say Pearl and Dragon Valley 2015. Pearl you have great battles and action, never really a choke point.. As for Dragon, you have a bunch of vehicles, and always action across the map. I hardly get to play Dragon Valley on bZ servers, when I do, it's a nice treat. Least favorite= Whiteout.. Hurts my damn eyes!!

Here's the definitive list so we can close the thread for good you're welcome:

Great Maps:
Pearl Market
Paracel Storm
Metro 2014
Sunken Dragon
Operation Whiteout
Golmud Railway
Operation Firestorm

Good Maps:
Operation Locker
Hainan