Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

What's your price for Internet a Month?

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
So a bunch of guys and gals at my work posted a forum thread asking how much everyone pays for Internet.

After seeing what some people pay and get, others were able to call their ISP complain/bitch and get the same deal!!

I have a co-worker in a different group of my company that has my same ISP but a better deal...

I called and today I am now going to get that same discounted rate!!

So I thought maybe we should to the same...

I have Suddenlink and I pay $130 a month for my Internet and TV. (I have basic TV and 200GB/15GB Internet)

mine is roughly 100 for 100MBit/5Mbit

Comcast
TV - millions channels; only 4 I watch $96
Internet - 100 down $75
Bullshit - $14
Taxes and more bullshit - $13
Total - $200 (mostly bullshit)

Jasper

-bZ- Member
Donator
comcast, unfortunately (nothing else available unless i want DSL)

$145/mon, got basically every channel known to man minus PPV's, and "blast" internet. Ookla speedtest puts me @ ~ 240 down / 12 up (throttled for sure)

Skullbones

-bZ- Member
Donator
OTA (over the air free) 30 channels (two rotor antenna's) dropped directv ($80 for 140 channels, bullshit) stream directv NOW (60 channels $35 a month)
ISP 100/20 $85 a month, Mediacom (1GB available for $135) added fire stick to tv, amazon prime $100 a year all total, steam over 200 channels
all total about $130 a month.

Last edited:

GenBradley

-bZ- Member
Comcast
196.00 a month
TV All channels including HBO, Starz, Showtime & Skinemax, plus on demand, Internet 150 down 25 up and phone

Billybong

Staff member
Senior Admin
Donator
Make sure to mention your ISP...

I thought Suddenlink which I call Sudden DICK and Century Link were only near me, kind of cool to see other's get my shitty ISP as a choice as well.

:)

PROACEX1

-bZ- Member
Donator
KCMO here:

AT&T around here: $60 a month for a 12 month special that you can easily renew by threatening to quit. Advertised download is about 35Mbp/s, upload is 5Mbp/s. 45ms on average to western US servers, 70 to eastern US servers. Actual speeds are 2.7Mpb/s down, 4-6Mpb/s up depending on the time of day.

Google Fiber: $70 a month, no gimmicks. Advertised at 1Gbp/s down-up. Realistic download is 940Mbp/s, upload is the same. No change throughout the day. Most mid-tier providers and servers aren't fast enough to keep up, and the max download you will see is around 300Mbp/s for US servers. But you can run those downloads while watching 4k streaming and playing a game without any issues, all with <15ms to any server in the US while gaming. If you don't mind latency when downloading, you can get around 800Mpb/s from Denmark and other developed country infrastructures with smart DNS routing.

Spectrum (Time warner/comcrap merger): $80 a month, advertised at 25Mpb/s down, 5Mpb/s up. Realistically 4Mpb/s down, 500Kbp/s up.

Measured by http://speedof.me/

MixBreed830

-bZ- Member
I get the AT&T employee discount and Im to cheap to go anywhere else,
$25 for 20 megs down and 1 up
$10 for Direct TV
I watch all my shows on Kodi the cable is for the wife.

Hardersoft

-bZ- Member
Donator
I pay about $70 for 25 down 3 up. I thought that was high until I saw some of your posts. We have only had the coax internet from a company called Commzoom since the beginning of the year. Before that we had a WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) called RockSolid and it was neither. Had an antenna on my roof that hit a larger antenna about a 1/2 mile away. I was paying about $70 for "up to 6 megs" but it was always around 3 and went down to .5 at night. it was out all the time. Horrible. I live kind of out in the sticks in Texas so I consider myself lucky to have the coax going to my house. The best I ever had was Verizon FIOS in Maryland. They ran the fiber underground to my house and installed for free (it was a internet, telephone, cable TV bundle for about $180). It was in the high 80's down. Very few servers in the world can give you data faster than that. I'll take my house in Texas though anytime, and have never looked back.