Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Why don't we have Night Ops in the map pool?

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Most likely due to it being released as separate DLC that is not a directly part of the premium expansion nor downloaded automatically with bf4. So the majority of newer players would be kicked whenever the map is loaded due to not being aware they need to download it separately, thus it would kill the population. Even if we had a message broadcasting that they need to install it, the majority either don't read chat or have it hidden.

You take that back right now. I'm not a fan of zavod in general, but if not everyone runs irnv or flir, it's a fun change of pace.
What would it take for you to schedule like, one game of that map for 1.5 or 1. Announce it on here, it’s gonna happen on this date at this time. I would kill to play BZ night ops.

Most likely due to it being released as separate DLC that is not a directly part of the premium expansion nor downloaded automatically with bf4. So the majority of newer players would be kicked whenever the map is loaded due to not being aware they need to download it separately, thus it would kill the population. Even if we had a message broadcasting that they need to install it, the majority either don't read chat or have it hidden.
Then why do we have both Dragon Valley and Operation Outbreak? They're both not premium maps, right?

The server does say ALL maps, so if someone gets kicked because they forgot to install a free map it's their own damn fault.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
What would it take for you to schedule like, one game of that map for 1.5 or 1. Announce it on here, it’s gonna happen on this date at this time. I would kill to play BZ night ops.
Only senior admins can make changes to map rotations. You'll have to persuade them to make changes of that sort if that's something you really want.
Then why do we have both Dragon Valley and Operation Outbreak? They're both not premium maps, right?

The server does say ALL maps, so if someone gets kicked because they forgot to install a free map it's their own damn fault.
Anything I say in regard to this is just pure speculation. It could be due to the low population those maps bring, it could be what I mentioned above or it could be that not enough people enjoy it. While I do agree it would be their fault for not having it installed. I also remember when outbreak would win the votes, you'd lose half of the server's population if not more.

Only senior admins can make changes to map rotations. You'll have to persuade them to make changes of that sort if that's something you really want.

Anything I say in regard to this is just pure speculation. It could be due to the low population those maps bring, it could be what I mentioned above or it could be that not enough people enjoy it. While I do agree it would be their fault for not having it installed. I also remember when outbreak would win the votes, you'd lose half of the server's population if not more.
Rats. That ain’t gonna happen then.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
It may not be likely but asking instead of demanding goes a long way. Depending on how you present your suggestion it may have an impact. You'll just have to make a case where the pros outweigh the cons (and effort to do so).

I personally believe map votes are stupid since a small handful of maps get picked over and over. Rotations are more fair.

People see Dragon Pass winning and throw a bitchfit Shanghai didn't win again. If they wanna leave, let em, we need map variety.

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Map voting helps keep the servers populated. If it was a predetermined rotation, there’d be trouble keeping it populated, especially during the low hours.

Maps not in the rotation were removed because they impacted population time and time again. It’s just not worth the trouble.

It’s been tested what maps just work and those that don’t, are simply taken out.

Zavod : Night is a cool idea but it's poorly implemented. Thermal/IRNV are too useful and the counters to them - lasers, flares, and flashlights - are not effective enough to mitigate them, especially in vehicles. None of the anti-armor weapons have a night-vision mode or a flashlight so unless your target is RIGHT FUCKING THERE you aren't likely to hit it unless it's illuminated by something else. I also don't think that they really put a lot of work into the lighting. Everything is just DARK unless actively illuminated by something so there's not a lot of variety in how dark the setting is. I don't remember what the sky is like on the map so that might make some sense if it's supposed to be completely overcast on a night with no moon but even then there would still be some ambient light reflecting from vehicle lights, buildings, etc. The factory is in the middle of nowhere but it's not completely unlit.

The best part of that DLC is the gun they added with it. I do wish they did it with more maps and refined their process a bit more. Actually using the thermal sights and flashlights how they should properly be used is a fun idea.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
None of the anti-armor weapons have a night-vision mode or a flashlight so unless your target is RIGHT FUCKING THERE you aren't likely to hit it unless it's illuminated by something else.
I've never had an issue with this due to the vehicle's running lights. While small, they are illuminated enough for you to follow a target.