Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

wow we been Ddosed to hell and back

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
There is no options. It is a 10 year old game in which the host IP is easily available.
I had to return to say one thing: I honestly don't believe it is DDOS because the crashing didn't really start happening until the server updates that occured on 8/31. Also, this has yet to be addressed by the admins except for one time on a thread where they apparently tried a few things.

TLDR: No BZ Administrator response, crashes didn't ramp up until after 8/31 updates, many of the servers crash without the usual indications of a "DDOS attack". (as in: we don't see the queue filled, we don't see connection issues, we don't see lag. what we see is sudden and unexpected crashes. I don't buy the bullshit that it is DDOS and Banzore is failing to take appropriate action. Please, SHOW me I'm wrong.)

note: in regards to "not seeing signs of ddos attack" I am mainly referring to my experience on BZ13, other servers do have the "queue attacks" or whatnot."

There is no options. It is a 10 year old game in which the host IP is easily available.
What a shitty thing to say. So you are telling me there is no correlation with the update and the recurring crashing? You guys are doing nothing and just letting it die? At least let us know what you are doing to TRY and make it better. Take responsibility and fix it.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
banned player or other server groups like TBG doing it to keep their player numbers up....those little cunts have done shit like this to other groups...
Banned players are most likely the cause. However please don't go about starting rumors that other well-established communities, like TBG, are doing anything malicious, because that's simply not the case.

What a shitty thing to say. So you are telling me there is no correlation with the update and the recurring crashing? You guys are doing nothing and just letting it die? At least let us know what you are doing to TRY and make it better. Take responsibility and fix it.
Yes, you go on ahead and blame Fluff or any other regular bZ member, who has no access to the hosting provider nor admin abilities in any capacity for not trying harder. Fluff can definitely fix it by just wearing his bz member forum rank and all will be good.

By all means, how about you take responsibility and fix it for us, since you like to shift around blame and we're obviously incompetent. Start up a server yourself, populate it, ban disruptive players and try to block a botnet 24/7.

Is it ACTUALLY confirmed to be DDos/banned players/botnets are the cause or are we running off of pure speculation? (I am not saying that BZ is to blame, it is simply that I see many many people throw out the word "DDOS" when, in my experience, the crashes only ramped up after the 8/31 update. and sidenote: My interests are inline with Banzores in wanting the servers to be populated/successful as that is how I enjoy the game. )

Banned players are most likely the cause. However please don't go about starting rumors that other well-established communities, like TBG, are doing anything malicious, because that's simply not the case.

Yes, you go on ahead and blame Fluff or any other regular bZ member, who has no access to the hosting provider nor admin abilities in any capacity for not trying harder. Fluff can definitely fix it by just wearing his bz member forum rank and all will be good.

By all means, how about you take responsibility and fix it for us, since you like to shift around blame and we're obviously incompetent. Start up a server yourself, populate it, ban disruptive players and try to block a botnet 24/7.
Am i an admin? No
Do i know any of this stuff? No
Looks like someone here can fix it, but also looks like no one wants to.
Seems like people have to talk to have any kind of response or feedback. Glad I got your attention. Can you tell me who would be the right admin to ask about this issue?

Am i an admin? No
Do i know any of this stuff? No
Looks like someone here can fix it, but also looks like no one wants to.
Seems like people have to talk to have any kind of response or feedback. Glad I got your attention. Can you tell me who would be the right admin to ask about this issue?
If you do not know any of this stuff how could you know that an easy fix exists, or any fix for that matter?

If you do not know any of this stuff how could you know that an easy fix exists, or any fix for that matter?
If they were able to do an update, they’re able to do another one. If no one tells us what they are doing, how am I supposed to know it cannot be fixed? Unless i missed a thread somewhere. If they were able to create this server, populate it and make it a good server for all these years, why can it not be fixed?

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Can you tell me who would be the right admin to ask about this issue?

No, as there's no need. The admins are aware as this is not the first discussion topic on the matter. Not everything is an easy fix nor is it possible to mitigate every attack. Our administration team is doing whatever they are able to do within reason.

If they were able to do an update, they’re able to do another one. If no one tells us what they are doing, how am I supposed to know it cannot be fixed? Unless i missed a thread somewhere. If they were able to create this server, populate it and make it a good server for all these years, why can it not be fixed?

The "update" which you mention was just a hardware upgrade, nothing too extraordinary. This network issue is not the fault of our servers nor provider but is a cyberattack on our network. There is no simple update we can apply to magically fix it, if there was, there would be no need for any IT related position.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
THE only thing that would happen if the admins confirm and talk about the issue(s) of being attacked by shitters, is that the shitters would get extra gratification by reading these threads

You might not know that banzore is the best place to play battlefield, or the best community to provide a cheaterless, fair place to enjoy playing the game. I can understand not having trust in the admins, but the only thing I see in this thread is ignorant freeloaders that complain that they cannot play on servers run and financed by the greatest BF4 community. If I was a feely person I might have been offended, but I am not. We need all the players we can get to keep the game alive, but lashing out at this community because of (most likely) shitters that ruin it for everyone is just counterproductive and dumb

This makes me breathe out of my nose pretty hard in enjoyment, almost laughed. All I said was what is likely to be the truth, and you scold me and the community

Watch a youtube video on DDOS attacks. There is not anything we can do about it. Being attacked happens regularly when we ban people and they get mad. It passes with time. That is the solution you are looking for. Wait for the shitkids to get bored. Talking about the issue does nothing other than encourage the shitkids

Let me drop some wisdom on you from years of experience fixing real things: anything is fixable. Sometimes, that fix is burning everything to the ground and starting over. It's up to the owner whether he wants it burnt to the ground.

Servers go down often for various reasons. No need to put your tinfoil hat on. There’s your administrator response.
I did not mean that to be an insult, nor tin-foil-hatting, simply a voice of frustration. After todays responses from various Banzore Members I will accept that the issue is being dealt with as well as possible and refrain from commenting on the issue further. I believe that you all hear the frustration now.

Thank you.

wow....first off you can tell Ddos by the counter jumping to 20 in Q when the server is not full.....as for the admins here they are better then most....these fuckers want proof before a buddy can ban a bitch....they give people more chances they would get on any other server and still get treated like shit for it.....after years of fucking bull shit from admins not listening to out right banning people that were better, this server group has none of it....you wont get banned here for knifing a admin and tea baggin his ass.....

@PandaExpress293 read the private email