Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Ban this horrible mouth guy

Adarro-Fel

Donator
At least in-game chat and forum posts contain the same level of sophisticated thinking.

Nice name calling by the recent replies, regardless of who they’re targeted at.

As I said, BZ rules sections literally says racism is not allowed. It’s rule #3, and in my humble opinion it looks like it applies here.

Last edited:

Adarro-Fel

Donator
You're on a site where we play a game that literally simulates killing people and you're offended by people who talk about killing people?

View attachment 9576
it’s against the BZ rules.

the one that prohibits racism.

yes, it’s actually creepy AF if a community “talks about killing real people”, let alone for racial/ethnic/nationality reasons.

BZ should probably remove the “#3 no racism allowed” rule, if it’s not actually enforced.

Last edited:

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
it’s against the BZ rules.

the one that prohibits racism.

yes, it’s actually creepy AF if a community “talks about killing real people”, let alone for racial/ethnic/nationality reasons.

BZ should probably remove the “#3 no racism allowed” rule, if it’s not actually enforced.

Um, no. It would not be.

Here is the quote I responded to: imagine wishing someone to die and be executed and considering that " free speech " LOL

There's utterly NOTHING racist in that comment.

Wishing someone to die is free speech. Wishing they'd be executed (which inherently assumes the outcome of a legal process) is also free speech.

I wish Vladimir Putin would hurry up and die. I wish he'd be ousted, prosecuted in a Russian court of law, and executed by a Russian firing squad.

Is that racist? No.

Is that a violation of the TOS here? No.

You might find it 'creepy' but that's a you-problem and not a me-problem.

Adarro-Fel

Donator
thank your for your patience in replies and for having a civil debate.

I pose a question: Are any of the below statement by a hypothetical BF4 player, racist?

(BF4 player says in game):
> fucking russian flag
> I will love it so much when your jewish president is executed live on Ukrainian television

I think that most reasonable people would agree that 1) Seeing a country flag, 2) bringing up the country name you don’t like, and then 3) bringing up a different ethnicity you ALSO don’t like, and then “i will be happy when the russian jewish president is executed”, is racist.

Additional questions - are these hypothetical statements racist?

“i will be happy when the Kuban Cossack politicians are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Cambodian Viet leaders are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Hui Muslim politicians are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Bosnian Croat leaders are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Armenian Christian politicians are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Jewish Polish leaders are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Russian Circassian leaders are executed on live TV”

are any of these hypothetical statements racist?

I think all of those hypothetical statements are probably racist. If they’re not, i’m opening to hearing why.

Last edited:

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
@Adarro-Fel

You're most welcome!

If someone hates on a flag, even an Israeli flag, I'd be loathe to assume the comment was racist. Irksome? Yes. Racist on its own? Probably not.

Like I don't care for all the constantly changing 'gay' flags just because it's hard to keep up with them. Wasn't the rainbow flag enough? I liked it. Nice design and it was easy to understand what it stood for...which is the purpose of a flag. ;)

Being rational about it if someone indeed said that Putin was a 'Russian Jewish President' I'd be interested in how they determined his Jewish lineage (which is entirely possible in Eastern Europe). If it's true then it's true. You could call Zelensky a Ukrainian Jewish President and I'd say, "Yup. He is. Ain't it grand?"

If it's an unfounded smear then I'd say the person is using Jewish as an epithet and it would be grounds to take the commenter through the disciplinary process of warning, suspension, and eventual ban if they can't figure out their behavior is unwelcome.

I know we live in an irrational time in which people are encouraged to see racism, oppression, white supremacy, global warming, and anti-vaxxing around every corner but I'm not really a fan of the Kafkaesque thinking in which today's harmless act or expression becomes tomorrow's latest Outrage Du Jour.

I think that most reasonable people would agree

I prefer rational people over today's concept of reasonable people who always seem to be on the side of gun control, speech control, property control, and freedom control.

You should too. Because some day, sooner or later, you'll post something in chat that could be easily misconstrued and you won't want us to judge you by the current trendy and fashionable interpretation of reasonable, no,you will want us to listen to your explanation and rationally weigh it against the facts.

If the fact is that your comment was not a violation despite maybe a bunch of reasonable people thinking it's a violation then you want us to be rational, right?

As things stand I think the moderators and admins here do an outstanding job of balancing decorum against the fun of having pretty wild in-game chats. I find the chats just as entertaining as the game on most days!

The occasional infraction is handled fairly and the habitual offenders are banned quickly. Stick around long enough and you'll see this too. ;)

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
@Adarro-Fel

To further distinguish between rational people and reasonable people there's this:

I used to have a Ruger 10-22. When I bought it the thing came with a wood stock and it looked rather innocuous.

Then I removed the wood stock and added a black nylon stock with a collapsible shoulder pad and Picatinny rails for a laser and a scope.

Reasonable people would call it an assault weapon and shit their panties at the sight of it.

Rational people would say, "Nice Ruger 10-22 you got there."

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Additional questions - are these hypothetical statements racist?

“i will be happy when the Kuban Cossack politicians are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Cambodian Viet leaders are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Hui Muslim politicians are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Bosnian Croat leaders are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Armenian Christian politicians are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Jewish Polish leaders are executed on live TV”

“i will be happy when the Russian Circassian leaders are executed on live TV”

are any of these hypothetical statements racist?

I think all of those hypothetical statements are probably racist. If they’re not, i’m opening to hearing why.

Those comments on their own and absent any other context are not racist. The comments specify leaders and politicians. The comments do not broadly condemn entire racial or ethnic groups.

I'd be happy with Putin and his coterie of oligarchs being executed on live TV. That doesn't mean I hate Russians in general. I rather like Russians in general. Just not a fan of their current leadership is all.

See how that works?

Adarro-Fel

Donator
lots of culture warriors on here lol.

a few of you seem desperate to talk about sexual orientation, genders, gun control, free speech, when the OP and my own simple question and challenge is about BZ rule #3, “no racism”.

What’s the highest rank you get in the culture wars? Is it max level 140 like BF4? Is this the fabled “Brigadier Rear Admiral V” culture warrior rank?

Last edited:

SaphirOgma

-bZ- Member
lots of culture warriors on here lol.

a few of you seem desperate to talk about sexual orientation, genders, gun control, free speech, when the OP and my own simple question and challenge is about BZ rule #3, “no racism”.

What’s the highest rank you get in the culture wars? Is it max level 140 like BF4? Is this the fabled “Brigadier Rear Admiral V” culture warrior rank?

I swear it gets worse every year....I've noticed this problem since I was playing Battlefield 2.....I return to BF4 and nothing changed and it even got worse

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator

Show me some racism and I'll show you how much I loathe it. So far you simply haven't shown me anything that's actually racist.

Adarro-Fel

Donator
> Fucking ukrainian flag. I will love so much when your jewish president will be executed live on RT.

BladeRX9's BF4 chat message is racist because it suggests that he hates Ukrainian people and wishes harm on them. It also implies that being Jewish is a bad thing and that its ok to wish harm on someone because they are that religion/ethnicity.

Last edited: