Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Cheating in BF4 - An Overview

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Most competitive players on ANY console game (as krow was by his own admission) use a Chronos (or Chronos Zen), that is literally what it is made for. It's a whole separate piece of hardware undetectable by any anti-cheat. While it's not a straight 'aim-bot' or ESP it allows you to script all of your actions and can even adjust your aim for you. It also works on PC.

You download packages for it depending on the game you are playing, I am not going to link them but you can easily look it up. Some packages include things like:

In-Game Soldier Sensitivity, Aim-Assist, Anti-Recoil, Burst Fire, Flash/Laser Mod, Auto Spot, Minimap in Hardcore mode, Quick Scope, Auto Sprint and Hair Triggers.

This is what is going on in the video, also I think the airplane part is about the speed not the map. These devices can control your airspeed for you as well.

I'm not seeing how this would be substantially different from a gaming mouse that has multiple keys for programmable macros.

I used to use some fancy-schmancy mouse back in the day that had all this crap and it really didn't do much more than to distract me. These days I use a 4 year old Shark Force gaming mouse because it's very accurate, very responsive, and it's got just the usual keys on it.
My keyboard is some off-brand mechanical keyboard I got off of Amazon. But it gives me a better sense of feel when gaming than a more modern membrane keyboard would.

None of these mechanical advantages alter the software in-game. They're all on the PC side.

The only thing skeezy I see is the minimap in hardcore mode but then is it any different than what someone would see when they play mortar? And is it available without altering the game software? If so then it's an advantage or maybe a glitch but not a hack.

And varying models of joysticks also allow for macros. Lots of people recommend them and don't hide the fact they use them.

I prefer k/m.

I'm not seeing how this would be substantially different from a gaming mouse that has multiple keys for programmable macros.

I used to use some fancy-schmancy mouse back in the day that had all this crap and it really didn't do much more than to distract me. These days I use a 4 year old Shark Force gaming mouse because it's very accurate, very responsive, and it's got just the usual keys on it.
My keyboard is some off-brand mechanical keyboard I got off of Amazon. But it gives me a better sense of feel when gaming than a more modern membrane keyboard would.

None of these mechanical advantages alter the software in-game. They're all on the PC side.

The only thing skeezy I see is the minimap in hardcore mode but then is it any different than what someone would see when they play mortar? And is it available without altering the game software? If so then it's an advantage or maybe a glitch but not a hack.

And varying models of joysticks also allow for macros. Lots of people recommend them and don't hide the fact they use them.

I prefer k/m.
what? if he is using external hardware/software to aim assist, modulate speed and gain an awareness not otherwise available, that is cheating

reminds me of magna. talked a lot of shit, barely better than long time regulars - turned out to be hacking

Last edited:

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
what? he is using hardware/software to aim assist, modulate speed and gain an awareness not otherwise available

if you are using anything other than your peepers, hands, in-game features and a KBM, that is cheating

I use a 30" curved monitor with 1ms refresh that natively runs at 120hz. Improves the heck out of the view I'd get with some 17" laptop monitor running 60hz. My pixels are 2560x1440. Is that cheating because some other poor schmo has to make do with a Lenovo and a basic 14" screen? Shit, I also run a 16GB video card.

My simple gaming mouse is a major advantage for me but others might not like it. Ditto my mechanical keyboard.

And programmable macros are a thing and there is no way to regulate them in-game.

I have to agree with humanity here. This "Chronos" sounds like it is modifying in-game values like aiming speed, recoil, etc by injecting or modifying the values of code or information sent by the user. A high-quality video card, monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc is not modifying the values sent by the user it's just sending them in a faster/more efficient manner. You can be absolutely dogshit at a game with a kick-ass system and not see any more than a marginal improvement over an inferior system because your fundamental performance is still poor, e.g. you have terrible recoil control, slow or bad aiming, and/or terrible map knowledge. This Chronos on the other hand sounds like it can compensate for you being a dogshit player for example by controlling your recoil for you so that you do not need to "pull" your mouse down or do anything on your own or by correcting your poor aim.

Hi,

Be careful, macros are also prohibited. This is considered cheating.

From the BA ban policy :

Cheating bans
This type of ban is issued for any player where it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that they are using any kind of gameplay enhancing software including, but not limited to, ESP/Wallhacks, Aimbots, Autospot, No recoil/no spread and macros.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
The two things I ever thought might be suspicious about KROW's gameplay is the (long range) tow's from a helicopter. Second one being that it is possible he uses some kind of macro for vehicle seat switching. Hitting a lot of the more challenging tows while pretty much all variables are changing constantly throughout the guidance. I was also exceptionally good at them during my peak skill level in helicopters, which leaves me with the thought that, yeah, it is very possible that it is legit.

The video posted as "indisputable" evidence doesn't have a single suspicious moment in it, in my eyes. It is really fucking hard to determine how the information in-game was acquired. The position of enemy troops/vehicles/beacons can be acquired from the map MINUTES before engaging the area. Looking at a short clip from BF4 spectator view and trying to determine within reasonable doubt that someone is cheating is nigh impossible, unless it's obvious aimlock, etc (of course).

I don't know the mafia's (read: third party anti cheats') policy about providing evidence, but if the evidence is in the form of hours, these hours should be published. If the evidence is admittance, this should be published. Any and all evidence has to be published. A little bird told me there is tens of hours of spectating behind the decision that this individual is cheating. Recording and publishing that would be a giant chore, but if anyone gets banned over a few select individuals' judgement on their spectated gameplay, the whole system is a joke (as it seems to be today). I wouldn't trust ANY person's judgement about other players cheating or not.

The mafia, or third party anti-cheat, if you will, is a necessary evil. As we all know, the game would be unplayable without the mafia. The issue in this case is what I so far perceive as character assassination. Krow is not my friend, I have no allegiance or personal relationship with him. I am just not convinced he's cheating. So what I am saying is, convince me.

If the mafia (read: 3rd party anti-cheat (with active bans on krow)) fails to publish sufficient evidence (or void the ban), they, and any individual or group that supports them loses what sliver of respect I have left - (for the mafia and individuals involved in the decision, or supporting this decision (effectively 99% of all of you))

To be clear, as of the time of this post, if the evidence is not provided, or the ban on krow is not void, I effectively quit the game and resign any affiliation with the people responsible. "Effectively quit the game," because banzore is (was?) the last bastion of battlefield. A place where players are (were?) protected from injustice. No matter your skill level or how the masses or even admins, perceive you. I've been playing battlefield for over 20 years, nothing lasts forever. I had fun, but I will not tolerate this. When corruption hits, it's time to move on.

Who's next? Which player is suddenly "too good"?

First they came

The two things I ever thought might be suspicious about KROW's gameplay is the (long range) tow's from a helicopter. Second one being that it is possible he uses some kind of macro for vehicle seat switching. Hitting a lot of the more challenging tows while pretty much all variables are changing constantly throughout the guidance. I was also exceptionally good at them during my peak skill level in helicopters, which leaves me with the thought that, yeah, it is very possible that it is legit.

The video posted as "indisputable" evidence doesn't have a single suspicious moment in it, in my eyes. It is really fucking hard to determine how the information in-game was acquired. The position of enemy troops/vehicles/beacons can be acquired from the map MINUTES before engaging the area. Looking at a short clip from BF4 spectator view and trying to determine within reasonable doubt that someone is cheating is nigh impossible, unless it's obvious aimlock, etc (of course).

I don't know the mafia's (read: third party anti cheats') policy about providing evidence, but if the evidence is in the form of hours, these hours should be published. If the evidence is admittance, this should be published. Any and all evidence has to be published. A little bird told me there is tens of hours of spectating behind the decision that this individual is cheating. Recording and publishing that would be a giant chore, but if anyone gets banned over a few select individuals' judgement on their spectated gameplay, the whole system is a joke (as it seems to be today). I wouldn't trust ANY person's judgement about other players cheating or not.

The mafia, or third party anti-cheat, if you will, is a necessary evil. As we all know, the game would be unplayable without the mafia. The issue in this case is what I so far perceive as character assassination. Krow is not my friend, I have no allegiance or personal relationship with him. I am just not convinced he's cheating. So what I am saying is, convince me.

If the mafia (read: 3rd party anti-cheat (with active bans on krow)) fails to publish sufficient evidence (or void the ban), they, and any individual or group that supports them loses what sliver of respect I have left - (for the mafia and individuals involved in the decision, or supporting this decision (effectively 99% of all of you))

To be clear, as of the time of this post, if the evidence is not provided, or the ban on krow is not void, I effectively quit the game and resign any affiliation with the people responsible. "Effectively quit the game," because banzore is (was?) the last bastion of battlefield. A place where players are (were?) protected from injustice. No matter your skill level or how the masses or even admins, perceive you. I've been playing battlefield for over 20 years, nothing lasts forever. I had fun, but I will not tolerate this. When corruption hits, it's time to move on.

First they came
IMG_7060.GIF

here is what would change my mind. I want to see a live stream of the back of his PC (USB connections), the complete and unobstructed cable run to the controller or KBM from end to end, a live stream of him playing and a live stream of the entire setup while he goes 110-0 on propaganda on BZ1 peak time. 4 simultaneous live streams plus gameplay stream with reperformance of previously observed gameplay

the results of that determine resolution

Last edited:

OKNewPlan

Donator
I effectively quit the game and resign any affiliation with the people responsible.

First they came

Let's be clear here @FluffMuffin94, you are nowhere near these stats, you guys are not in the same league at all. In fact you are closer to the "bots" and "autistic" players you complain about daily.

Scraping bZ1's data real quick I learned that there are 12 players on bZ1 with 8.0+ K/D at 100+ hours on the server.

3 are banned for cheating.
Atleast 2 appear to be UCAVer's.
1 will likely be banned soon as his stats are impossible (78.10% headshot rate with over 1000 kills)
1 has been inactive for 1+ years
2 appear to be the same person judging by their names.

That's 4 active players in this category not currently banned for cheating:
-USMC-BKD
JL1834cx
IIVinny
Cosmic-Benji

So that's enough out of anyone who thinks they are cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:

First they came
I don't think we have to be that dramatic. It's likely krow is using something to enhance the game, but if he isn't I am sure he can appeal/provide proof and have it overturned no? If he can't provide proof, well there you go...

Reactions: GBH
Let's be clear here @FluffMuffin94, you are nowhere near these stats, you guys are not in the same league at all. In fact you are closer to the "bots" and "autistic" players you complain about daily.

Scraping bZ1's data real quick I learned that there are 12 players on bZ1 with 8.0+ K/D at 100+ hours on the server.

3 are banned for cheating.
Atleast 2 appear to be UCAVer's.
1 will likely be banned soon as his stats are impossible (78.10% headshot rate with over 1000 kills)
1 has been inactive for 1+ years
2 appear to be the same person judging by their names.

That's 4 active players in this category not currently banned for cheating:
-USMC-BKD
JL1834cx
IIVinny
Cosmic-Benji

So that's enough out of anyone who thinks they are cut from the same cloth.
great analysis

PrZZZ

Donator
its funny to me how some of you are backtracking now that he's banned, some even called him the best bf4 player on banzore prior to the ban,
dude was full of shit since day one and i was the first to call him out its just proof that these new cheat software are really advanced and takes the community to be together to remove these slime bags

its funny to me how some of you are backtracking now that he's banned, some even called him the best bf4 player on banzore prior to the ban,
dude was full of shit since day one and i was the first to call him out its just proof that these new cheat software are really advanced and takes the community to be together to remove these slime bags
well said przzz

First they came
Imagine waking up first thing in the morning to write a book about some guy you're not even friends with on battlefield...