Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Flying Hovercrafts

I saw a player get the ban hammer for flying a hover craft last night. Not only a server ban but they took it to BA. Could an admin shed some insight on why that is frowned upon and against the rules. And why its such a serious offense to receive a BA ban.

This is a harmless glitch I have watched people do since Naval strike was released. If anything its just a meme really. Any sort of insight would be interesting. Thanks! Happy gaming!

sheesh that's shitty. I mean I understand the why part - it's a glitch that *can* be abused in terms of a sky based spawn point over a flag I guess - I also agree it's harmless .... and it's stupid and fun and difficult to pull off in a live match lol

of all things to catch a BA ban for, this shouldn't be one of them.

Also @Paladin some fun math regarding that glitch:
View attachment 8391
Wow that is interesting! See I did not think about the spawning. I can see how that can make it a problem. I feel bad for the player he was a regular.

sheesh that's shitty. I mean I understand the why part - it's a glitch that *can* be abused in terms of a sky based spawn point over a flag I guess - I also agree it's harmless .... and it's stupid and fun and difficult to pull off in a live match lol

of all things to catch a BA ban for, this shouldn't be one of them.

Also @Paladin some fun math regarding that glitch:
View attachment 8391
I got the banhammer. This is all I was trying to do was reach the ceiling once successfully.

In Rush, on Nansha Strike for example, it makes for a VERY unfair spawn point. Players are parachuting from literally thousands of feet in the air over MCOMs. The other team has no attack boats, and wouldn't even see them if they had any.

Those of you saying this is harmless don't understand the ridiculous altitude these get to. I'm glad it's a no-no.

mauirixxx

Donator
In Rush, on Nansha Strike for example, it makes for a VERY unfair spawn point. Players are parachuting from literally thousands of feet in the air over MCOMs. The other team has no attack boats, and wouldn't even see them if they had any.

Those of you saying this is harmless don't understand the ridiculous altitude these get to. I'm glad it's a no-no.

No I get it man. I guess in the context @sheriffcactus was using it, it's harmless, until the team starts abusing it. In any case, I'm sure the lessons been learned, and no harm came from it, won't happen again etc etc.

But I'm not an admin so it don't matter anyways.

I got the banhammer. This is all I was trying to do was reach the ceiling once successfully.
I actually got banned last week for flying the hovercraft as well. Been playing BZ6 for 5 years with over 2,000 hours and no prior issues with admins.

Didn't matter, they banned me regardless. Unfortunately all the BF4 friends I've made over the years play BZ6 so now I don't know what to do.

mauirixxx

Donator
I actually got banned last week for flying the hovercraft as well. Been playing BZ6 for 5 years with over 2,000 hours and no prior issues with admins.

Didn't matter, they banned me regardless. Unfortunately all the BF4 friends I've made over the years play BZ6 so now I don't know what to do.
yeah I saw that dude. it's a damn shame, but I've been telling everyone to not do it since I found out they actually ban for it :(

I was hoping they'd shorten you to a temp ban ....

yeah I saw that dude. it's a damn shame, but I've been telling everyone to not do it since I found out they actually ban for it :(

I was hoping they'd shorten you to a temp ban ....

I could totally understand them banning if I had a series of warnings about behavior, but literally I'm clean. No history of hacks or trolling.
I've never malevolently tried to ruin the fun in BZ6 either, which is what blows my mind the most.

Frank Castle

-bZ- Member

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
1701118179205.png

1701118188420.png

1701118196861.png

1701118204583.png

1701118212487.png

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to piece your chatlogs together. The chat logs provided as well as the short clip are more than enough to warrant the permanent ban you were issued.
The hovercraft glitch provides an indestructible spawn point that makes for an unpleasant gaming experience.

During those 2000+ hours, you've ruined countless games when a hovercraft was an available vehicle.

View attachment 11534

View attachment 11535

View attachment 11536

View attachment 11537

View attachment 11538

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to piece your chatlogs together. The chat logs provided as well as the short clip are more than enough to warrant the permanent ban you were issued.
The hovercraft glitch provides an indestructible spawn point that makes for an unpleasant gaming experience.

During those 2000+ hours, you've ruined countless games when a hovercraft was an available vehicle.
And out of curiosity: did not one person across all these events say "hey man that's not allowed here"?

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Okay, odd question here:

So there's a hovercraft flying in the air. Will AA missiles lock on to it or do you have to kill it with guns?

The rules apply to everyone. Being regular doesnt give you a free pass.
Im done here.
I understand that, and you guys are in charge so you're free to do whatever you wish.

Right now you're cutting off the hands and feet of people who have eaten a loaf of bread. If that's how you want to run your nation that's your prerogative.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Will AA missiles lock on to it or do you have to kill it with guns?
It is still considered a surface target thus the only thing that can lock it is a Javelin/HVM-II (or anything that can lock any target). Problem is, it’s so high up that nothing can lock it or shoot it down. It’s unkillable once it reaches a certain point.

Right now you're cutting off the hands and feet of people who have eaten a loaf of bread. If that's how you want to run your nation that's your prerogative.

No idea what this is supposed to mean lol.