Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Flying Hovercrafts

By stating this clearly from the start, it achieves the two advantages that I mentioned earlier.

I hear that.

I'm drawing a blank now. When you type !rules in the server, does it say "no hacking or cheating"? I think an unkillable glitch is easily construed as a cheat to anyone who can tie their own shoes, but I also agree that redundancy in description is not a terrible idea.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
The reason vouzou and other similar movements aren't banned is because you can unintentionally trigger them through normal game actions. Thus if it was bannable, there’d be many rather innocent players caught in the crossfire.

Map glitches and the hovercrafts however, are intentional exploits. Some people going as far as teaching others. That’s crossing the boundary of plausible deniability of whether or not something was intended and that is why people subsequently get banned on live ranked servers.

The reason vouzou and other similar movements aren't banned is because you can unintentionally trigger them through normal game actions. Thus if it was bannable, there’d be many rather innocent players caught in the crossfire.
Agreed. Better not to ban movement glitchs. But let's be honest. Those who exploit these moves do so intentionally, repeatedly, for several full matches in a row. Especially in Operation Locker. But I understand very well that it would become too difficult to manage. I definitely wouldn't touch that.

When you type !rules in the server, does it say "no hacking or cheating"? I think an unkillable glitch is easily construed as a cheat to anyone who can tie their own shoes, but I also agree that redundancy in description is not a terrible idea.
No, it doesn't say that. At least not on bz11. That's why I told myself that it wouldn't cost much to just add a rule in !rules : 5/5: Do not cheat, hack or glitch. (I would review the wording though.)

And those who use movements glitches already know that it's tolerated and they are the exception. At least the players would be informed. But I won't insist on that any further. It was just an idea.

Last edited:

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin

In addition, it can be countered. Glitches that do not have a counter, such as the hovercraft glitch and Locker’s ceiling/mountain, are bannable. Most of the common glitches that can be countered are usually fine, it’s good to check before you start doing them though (advanced movement is obviously okay)

In addition, it can be countered. Glitches that do not have a counter, such as the hovercraft glitch and Locker’s ceiling/mountain, are bannable. Most of the common glitches that can be countered are usually fine, it’s good to check before you start doing them though (advanced movement is obviously okay)
"Advanced movement". That's such a bullshit term for it. It's exploiting a bug in the game. It's able to be countered, and it's not exceptionally difficult ( I still can't for the life of me do it right though ) but let's not try to make it seem like it's some kind of hidden game feature. It's a bug/glitch pure and simple. The developers should have fixed it but they didn't.

Covert8645

-bZ- Member
My question is... if things like hovercraft glitch and other known glitches are a bannable offense (which I've never read through any of the things you can be banned for), then why don't they just patch it?

I don't think I've read any of the ToS for any game I've purchased, which I know the owness is on me, but there are things which come up later on beyond the date of purchase and they don't exactly advertise or send out emails which discuss bannable offenses and new glitches that are found which are against the rules now.

I suspect that some players who use "Advanced movement" use macros to make their lives easier, but I could be wrong. And if they use macros for that, that's punishable.

I watched a few videos on how to do these movements, but I didn't feel the inner calling pushing me to learn how to do this.

Last edited:
My question is... if things like hovercraft glitch and other known glitches are a bannable offense (which I've never read through any of the things you can be banned for), then why don't they just patch it?
Because BF4 is 10 years old now and they are instead putting their efforts on new versions of Battlefield.

And those who punish players for this are third-party organizations like BF4DB, Battlefield Agency, BZ admins...

Covert8645

-bZ- Member
Because BF4 is 10 years old now and they are instead putting their efforts on new versions of Battlefield.

And those who punish players for this are third-party organizations.
I'm not a programmer or game developer, but creating the fixes for many of these "glitches" seem to be small work for a single individual who knows what they're doing.

Again, I'm out of my lane on the complexity of what goes into it, but from a personal perspective they seem like easy fixes.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I suspect that some players who use "Advanced movement" use macros to make their lives easier, but I could be wrong.

Indeed you are, no macros needed. Just switch weapons and flick your mouse in the direction you want to travel.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
They originally did fix the MAV ability to transport a person to higher elevations when stood upon.

I LOVED doing that in BF2! It got you up on rooftops that were otherwise inaccessible. Strike at Karkand was a heck of lot more interesting once you got up on a rooftop!

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Would using a mav to climb be a glitch, bug, or cheat of some sort? Curious.

It depends. To get into the ceiling/mountain on locker you have to use a MAV. There’s a rooftop on Pearl that requires a MAV or a teammate that you have to climb on and that spot is perfectly fine.

If you can be shot at and be seen, it’s generally okay, but I always recommend you check with the owner of the server you’re playing on and check with both BA and BF4DB.

If pardons begin being granted now, then pardons must be applied to past rulings if fair implementation is to be adhered and trust of admins be established
I think this is true for some glitches actually. For example IMO the Dawnbreaker C flag glitch shouldn't be a perma-ban since it's literally just right there, you could back up into it on accident even. Maybe you get one warning and then a ban if you exploit it again?

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Just an FYI for the cheaters: most macro tools like TinyTask.exe are keyloggers and what's hilarious is they say this right up front when you download it!

I'd get into how they communicate their logs but I don't want to ruin the payday for the criminals. If anyone is stupid enough to willingly download a keylogger then they deserve what happens to them!

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
It depends. To get into the ceiling/mountain on locker you have to use a MAV. There’s a rooftop on Pearl that requires a MAV or a teammate that you have to climb on and that spot is perfectly fine.

If you can be shot at and be seen, it’s generally okay, but I always recommend you check with the owner of the server you’re playing on and check with both BA and BF4DB.

Ammo crates can work in certain places too. I've seen it a few times but not for a while now.

Indeed you are, no macros needed. Just switch weapons and flick your mouse in the direction you want to travel.
Really? I thought it was more complex than that, like a combination of precise keys to change weapons while jumping/moving/crouching by doing it on certain surfaces: stair railings, objects, etc.

I will watch the videos again and try it.