-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Checks out

RazorBites

Donator
I wish we had more women in here, tbh. We used to and they classed up the joint. Male toxicity chases them off and that's too bad.
So true because being shot by a female bullet makes all the difference we need that so badly and I just love reading all the chat in game, like its the chat that makes this game so dam enjoyable why do we have to run around shooting anyway, when this could be a nice chat club and talk about the weeks events Like getting the kids off to school and harry and Megan's sob story

when I wake in the morning I think to myself power on the pc load up BF4 time to meet some classy ladies but if only there were More.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
So true because being shot by a female bullet makes all the difference we need that so badly and I just love reading all the chat in game, like its the chat that makes this game so dam enjoyable why do we have to run around shooting anyway, when this could be a nice chat club and talk about the weeks events Like getting the kids off to school and harry and Megan's sob story

when I wake in the morning I think to myself power on the pc load up BF4 time to meet some classy ladies but if only there were More.
My thoughts exactly! I don't need any chatter to load up the PC and hit left-click on the mouse a bunch of times. That said, my days of waking up in the morning and doing anything but work or family shit are in the past. So when I do come on, I like to have a little adult conversation, and ladies seem to help encourage that. Grabass is all well and good, but to each their own.

mitcharf

Donator
There are women in my game group who play on the servers, but they don't need to speak in order to be concerned about how they'll be received. There is casual homophobia and sexism in the text chat, which is rarely even called out much less dealt with by an admin. People use gay as an insult and regularly throw around words like fag, bitch, and retard. On the rare occasion when someone is confronted about this and they try to offer a defense, they'll usually say that when they use gay as an insult they aren't using it to refer to gay people. Or if they call someone a bitch or a pussy, they aren't trying to put down women in the process. And sure, not every gay person is going to care if someone says "gay" to mean "stupid". And not every woman will care if someone calls a bad player "bitch" or "pussy". But there are plenty of people (including straight men, like myself) who find that casual use of those terms makes the environment less friendly and welcoming to newcomers. We don't know each other in real life. We don't have a shared context and history that lets us understand what someone really means or feels when they talk like this. I make jokes with my friends that I would not make to strangers, in person or online, because they may not realize I am joking.

I am acutely aware of these issues because I organize gaming groups locally -- most notably board games and softball. In both cases, when no effort is made, it is easy for the groups to be unconsciously unwelcoming to groups like women. The sort of language I talked about earlier sends a message (however unintentional) that the group is insular and people who are viewed as outside the group may be ridiculed or scorned.

banzore bills itself as for adults, so I was hoping it wouldn't be like the rest of the servers out there which seem to exist in a weird time warp of eternal middle school, where gay, fag, and bitch are tossed around as insults with no thought to how that may make some people feel. The jury is still out for me, but I know there are a lot of people who feel this same way but just don't feel like fighting the battle.

RazorBites

Donator
There are women in my game group who play on the servers, but they don't need to speak in order to be concerned about how they'll be received. There is casual homophobia and sexism in the text chat, which is rarely even called out much less dealt with by an admin. People use gay as an insult and regularly throw around words like fag, bitch, and retard. On the rare occasion when someone is confronted about this and they try to offer a defense, they'll usually say that when they use gay as an insult they aren't using it to refer to gay people. Or if they call someone a bitch or a pussy, they aren't trying to put down women in the process. And sure, not every gay person is going to care if someone says "gay" to mean "stupid". And not every woman will care if someone calls a bad player "bitch" or "pussy". But there are plenty of people (including straight men, like myself) who find that casual use of those terms makes the environment less friendly and welcoming to newcomers. We don't know each other in real life. We don't have a shared context and history that lets us understand what someone really means or feels when they talk like this. I make jokes with my friends that I would not make to strangers, in person or online, because they may not realize I am joking.

I am acutely aware of these issues because I organize gaming groups locally -- most notably board games and softball. In both cases, when no effort is made, it is easy for the groups to be unconsciously unwelcoming to groups like women. The sort of language I talked about earlier sends a message (however unintentional) that the group is insular and people who are viewed as outside the group may be ridiculed or scorned.

banzore bills itself as for adults, so I was hoping it wouldn't be like the rest of the servers out there which seem to exist in a weird time warp of eternal middle school, where gay, fag, and bitch are tossed around as insults with no thought to how that may make some people feel. The jury is still out for me, but I know there are a lot of people who feel this same way but just don't feel like fighting the battle.
if only there was a way to hide the chat and play the SHOOTING GAME!

"(including straight men, like myself)" why did you write that ? do we care? are you saying that because gay is bad?
I don't ever find myself walking up to a person and telling them my sexual orientation just to make a point, Just have a Point,

its like saying YES!!! BLACK LIVES MATTER!!! (oh and i'm a white guy) Be extra impressed.

Last edited:

bothesenuts

-bZ- Member

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me. Please just shut the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.