Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Glitches and Bans

Is it Firestorm? Because if so I am starting to agree I think that might be the most balanced BF map of all time.
No. Wake Island and El Alamein were both better in BF1942. Firestorm is not the worst map but I am not a fan of it. I actually think Siege of Shanghai is pretty well balanced, as least until the tower goes down.

mauirixxx

Donator
No. Wake Island and El Alamein were both better in BF1942. Firestorm is not the worst map but I am not a fan of it. I actually think Siege of Shanghai is pretty well balanced, as least until the tower goes down.

I wish I could reach through my monitor and strangle anyone who brings the tower down. Fighting for control of the tower is fun. Farming the tower with either chopper is fun. UCAV & SUAV action against folks monitoring the elevators is fun. Watching snipers (that actually know wtf they're doing) snipe chopper pilots is fun.

Once C is down ... all that fun disappears :mad:

And with all that, damnit I'm STILL impressed by the actual collapse and audio after nearly 10 years of it ...

I wish I could reach through my monitor and strangle anyone who brings the tower down. Fighting for control of the tower is fun. Farming the tower with either chopper is fun. UCAV & SUAV action against folks monitoring the elevators is fun. Watching snipers (that actually know wtf they're doing) snipe chopper pilots is fun.

And with all that, damnit I'm STILL impressed by the actual collapse and audio after nearly 10 years of it ...
You would think with advancing technology in graphics and other components in making the games work, Dice would have improved upon the destruction and levolution from bf4. It seems like they regressed towards even more less destructible environments like the small radio tower falling from the top of a building in 2042 and the individual small buildings on the map not having furniture inside to destroy or destructible walls. :mad:

You're right that the tower is fun to fight on and over. You're also right that the collapse is still damn impressive to watch. But the real benefit of the tower is that it allows for infantry to easily transition from one side of the map to the other without being crushed under the weight of the opposing team's vehicles. Whichever team holds the tower can more easily attack the other side of the bay. D and E, and A and B flags now can be fought over more organically and with less predictability. When the tower remains standing throughout the round you will usually see closer matches because more of the flags are in flux and the fight is spread around the entirety of the map.

People who bitch and moan about how the tower is only good for chopper whores to farm ( ignoring that it's the easiest place on the map to shoot helicopters from as there are no obstructing buildings around it ) or for snipers to camp on demonstrate that they lack an understanding of the mechanics of the map. Ironically, the same people who complain that the tower must come down in order to purge the snipers from the map are the ones who will usually complain the most about getting spawn raped after their team has been stomped because they couldn't move from D/E or A/B to back-cap the enemy.

Of course then you have the boat whores, and the assholes who just do it to troll. The boat whores are just bitter that Siege won over Paracel, and the trolls are just people who like to watch the world burn.

You would think with advancing technology in graphics and other components in making the games work, Dice would have improved upon the destruction and levolution from bf4. It seems like they regressed towards even more less destructible environments like the small radio tower falling from the top of a building in 2042 and the individual small buildings on the map not having furniture inside to destroy or destructible walls. :mad:
I actually prefer the destruction in BF3 to that in BF4. The "Leveloution" is cool and some of the effects can be useful - particularly the smaller ones like switches and gates - but a lot of the time it's just downright annoying. Siege is the most glaring example but Oman - aside from being a shit map in general - becomes almost unplayable when the sandstorm arrives, Lumphini Garden gets some buggy terrain effects after the mudslide, the Storm on Paracel just makes the boats tough to drive and to kill, and the snow storms on Locker are infuriating. The buildings in BF3 generally feel more destructable ( is that a word? ) and the small things like low walls, and fences crumble and break in a more realistic way if I remember correctly.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
It is obvious you don't play helicopters if you ever argue that siege of Shanghai is a balanced map.

The helicopter that wins the initial fight can camp the ceiling of the map and be outright unkillable for the enemy as they cannot get enough altitude to fight due to the map being so small.

Not to mention that when the tower falls you get a bunch of one-way fog. You can see through it from one side, but not the other.

Siege or Shanghai was the first map. Rushed in to get some content for the alpha and beta testing of the game. There are so many glitches on that map that speaking highly of it is just laughable.

I actually prefer the destruction in BF3 to that in BF4. The "Leveloution" is cool and some of the effects can be useful - particularly the smaller ones like switches and gates - but a lot of the time it's just downright annoying. Siege is the most glaring example but Oman - aside from being a shit map in general - becomes almost unplayable when the sandstorm arrives, Lumphini Garden gets some buggy terrain effects after the mudslide, the Storm on Paracel just makes the boats tough to drive and to kill, and the snow storms on Locker are infuriating. The buildings in BF3 generally feel more destructable ( is that a word? ) and the small things like low walls, and fences crumble and break in a more realistic way if I remember correctly.
I don’t think if I remember correctly, but I think bf3 and bfbc2 were more destructible when it came to the buildings than bf4 like you said. Haven’t played bf3 and bfbc2 in over a decade on the xbox 360, so I don’t know if this is the Mandela effect (false memories).

RipeSnipe

-bZ- Member
bad company was way more destructible. you could take down the building the MCOM was in to win the point. two sneaky recons could turn the tide of the match I loved that shit

Covert8645

-bZ- Member
I loved Bad Company 2, BF 2 (and Desert Combat), but I'd have to put Project Reality in there too.

Map: Road To Jalalabad <3

Bad Company 2- BF 2-Desert Combat. in that order of greatness ! One could argue however that Desert Combat was better than all of em. One thing for sure about Desert Combat, was every map they map they made, RULED.
Battlefield Vietnam is the best. Not Bad Company 2 : Vietnam, but the original Battlefield Vietnam. The radio alone puts it up near the top but it was just a fun game in general. BF1942's Desert Combat mod was also excellent and I think some of the developers on that were asked by DICE to help with BF2.