Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

HC All maps server with truly randomized map, no voting?

Is this something that has been discussed before? I think it would be cool to play all maps just on random. I know several people in chat have mentioned a desire to see this too...

Yeah no. Then we would get maps people don't like and they would leave the server. Voting for waht you want to play is best imo.

I was talking about a separate server, not replacing other servers. Plus, people already dip out when a map like Oman or Pearl gets voted anyway.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member
Make a new server just for it to be 0/64 players forever.

Population is only going to get lower, new servers nobody ever heard about has the same chance of getting popular as myself

Make a new server just for it to be 0/64 players forever.

Population is only going to get lower, new servers nobody ever heard about has the same chance of getting popular as myself
Lol. I get that for sure. What about a day or two per week where bz1 is truly random/no voting? I don't know anything about running a server, so I don't know how much work that would require, just spitballing.

Firedoc

-bZ- Member
Donator
We thank you for all your comments however we have already endured all the trials and errors of getting our servers where they are at to preserve player count.

The servers have a corrupt voting system anyway.... 4 maps come up as choices, someone doesn't like said choices, and then gives us 4 other maps to vote on. Admins and members have no problem pushing only the maps they want, but can't balance the teams even ONCE during match after match of stacked teams. So lame

Firedoc

-bZ- Member
Donator
The servers have a corrupt voting system anyway.... 4 maps come up as choices, someone doesn't like said choices, and then gives us 4 other maps to vote on. Admins and members have no problem pushing only the maps they want, but can't balance the teams even ONCE during match after match of stacked teams. So lame
Thank you for your comment. If you do not like how our servers and admins operate feel free to go operate your own servers.

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member

The map vote thing is a glitch or something.

I've seen it happen when no admins were playing.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
new servers nobody ever heard about has the same chance of getting popular as myself

Believe it or not you're actually rather popular. I see your name mentioned in chat lots of times when people are wishing you were on the server and active. Myself, I enjoy your game play even when you're clubbing me like a baby seal. ;)

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Clearly you've never adminned servers before. Balance is basically impossible and someone will always whine. In this case, it's you.

Just wanna make it clear that I am not whining about the way the servers are run. I appreciate the time, money, and effort that goes into a well-run server, especially on an older game. I was just curious about a possibility for that type of server. Again, I've never ran a server or anything so I have no idea how difficult it would be

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Just wanna make it clear that I am not whining about the way the servers are run. I appreciate the time, money, and effort that goes into a well-run server, especially on an older game. I was just curious about a possibility for that type of server. Again, I've never ran a server or anything so I have no idea how difficult it would be

I have. A few years back I launched a server for 24/7 BF4 Dragon Valley 2015.

The learning curve is massive. It's also about $100 a month. And you have to deal with every a-hole who wants your 24/7 DV2015 server to run other maps. :rolleyes:

24/7.

The configuration is a pain, connecting the server to your configuration console is a pain, keeping it going is a pain, setting basic rules is a pain, the racist chats are a pain, the list goes on.

It's because I know what it takes to do that that I pay double for my time here. It is literally worth it to me and I also want Neo and the Lords of Banzore to know that someone appreciates what they do and is willing to pony up every month to make that clear. I'd send fucking candy if I had an address but I figure they can buy some candy on their own. ;)