Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

• Only the thread starter and admins can reply to appeals/complaints.

Hoping to have a 3yr old ban appealed

Hi there,

I know this isn't the right part of the forum, but I can't seem to post in the Ban Appeal section. Maybe an admin could move this post when it goes up?

I wanted to see if a ban I earned about three years back might be reversed. I don't recall what the ban was for - my best guess is team-killing - but it looks like BF4 hardcore servers are becoming more and more of an endangered species since I last played. You folks have one of the only active servers I can come across, and I was hoping to find some leniency.

I go by the username CaptainCrosseye but I'm not sure what my username was back when the ban went into effect. I might need to do some digging to help find the right username.

Thanks kindly,
CC

Hawx

You're Never Right!
please allow us some time to investigate, thank you.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
You were banned automatically for the statistical probability of cheating. This occurred on Feb 6, 2018.

Out of 220 kills with the SCAR you got 158 headshots. Even the top players in the world don't achieve that.

Your use of the GOL is in the same boat.

Statistically your account matches up with several tell-tale signs of aimbot use.

All 11 of your kills with the MP443 were headshots. 72% with the AWS...

See where this is going?

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Player's GUID is f9dfb8356bccc39f52eee141c021873d since BFACP isn't displaying it correctly.

Wait, what? Are you sure you have the right player? I can certainly say that I haven't been on your servers since at least 2016, and as much as I'm sure you hear it, I don't use any kind of cheats for BF4. When I tried to join your server I got the "You were kicked by an admin" popup and was disconnected immediately. I haven't seen the inside of a map on a Banzore server for a few years now.

Let me poke into my own profile to be sure nothing goofy is happening that I'm unaware of. I'll also get a hold of the stats for those guns you listed.

Alrighty, I found my character on BF4Stats and sure enough the numbers you're listing are what I'm seeing too. I'm also pretty sure where all those headshots came from and, while I wasn't using an aimbot to get them, I'll clear the air by admitting that back when I used to play my buddies and I found a server that permitted kill-trading. The four of us ended up standing in a circle alternating between shooting the person to our left and reviving the person directly in front of us. We spent a couple days playing the shoot-em-up pow-wow until we hit the levels we needed to get the unlocks we wanted. A lazy and short-sighted way to power level, though I hadn't the foggiest clue it would lead to auto-bans a few years later. Eesh.

Since it seems like you guys have an automatic process that's kicking in here, my guess is I'm S.O.L. until I can either reset my character's stats to zero or foul up those particular stats enough to get past the auto-ban. And that all depends on whether anyone believes me in the first place that I didn't use an aimbot.

Additionally, I'd appreciate a heads-up if this stat-checking plugin your server uses is something that's widespread. Even if I can't convince you folks to remove my ban, I'd like to at least know whether I should go about resetting my character to 0 right now to avoid other servers reacting to the same issue yours saw.

Thanks kindly,
CC

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
That makes sense, and I've seen that before. The system that we use is indeed widespread...Id guesstimate that at least 30-40% of servers use it, probably more.

While the ban could be lifted, the system would automatically put it back in place so long as your stats are jacked up. You'll want to find servers that will allow you to play and give things some time to balance out on those weapons. Then we can consider lifting the ban on you, but doing so before then would be pointless due to the automatic nature of the system.

You'll want to find servers that will allow you to play and give things some time to balance out on those weapons. Then we can consider lifting the ban on you, but doing so before then would be pointless due to the automatic nature of the system.

Yeah, that's what I figured. What I'll probably do is just focus on mucking up the stats on those two weapons. It'll be weird trying -not- to get headshots! Do you happen to know what the threshold is?