Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

In need of a new mouse

Just not one with a tail lol. Need suggestions please!

That amazon mouse is horrible for aiming, it took me 3 days to unlock the deagle .

Just nothing too crazy.

Thanks!

-bZ-AngrySalsa

Christmas man
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
IMO, the razer basilisk is a lot better than the G502, I've had 3 g502's and I like the razer basilisk a lot more. More features, the mouse is lighter, more buttons, same shape as the G502. There' s a few versions of the basilisk but I have the ultimate. Tail as in wired? If so go for the basilisk ultimate, pricey but super nice. G502 wireless is the same price but the LMB and RMB tend to die and double click due to shotty switches.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I highly recommend the Glorious Model O or D (I use the D myself) and pair it with one of their mousepads or a hyperx one, the tracking is smooth as butter and as accurate as... something that's accurate

I rather have wireless but everyone is pointing to the wired.

I normally use a very basic mouse non weighted etc. So this will be a huge jump going into a performance mouse and G502 seems the way.

IMO, the razer basilisk is a lot better than the G502, I've had 3 g502's and I like the razer basilisk a lot more. More features, the mouse is lighter, more buttons, same shape as the G502. There' s a few versions of the basilisk but I have the ultimate. Tail as in wired? If so go for the basilisk ultimate, pricey but super nice. G502 wireless is the same price but the LMB and RMB tend to die and double click due to shotty switches.
Sorry Topher, Yes as in wireless but now I really see why many choose the wired. That g502 is a steal right now so maybe it's worth the try, could always return it.

RazorBites

Donator
dam that right my 502 left mouse button does wig out when i press fire it often wont hold the button down cause's untold grief shame i love the mouse 600dpi normal play 300 dpi sniper

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I rather have wireless but everyone is pointing to the wired.
I felt the same (had a G700 before the Basilisk V2) and let me tell you, if you haven't had a good wired mouse in the past 10 or so years (I hadn't) - go back to wired. The wires are so thin and light now they don't get in the way like they used to.

Never having to worry about charging batteries, etc. and you don't even know the wire is there. Win/win.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
dam that right my 502 left mouse button does wig out when i press fire it often wont hold the button down cause's untold grief shame i love the mouse 600dpi normal play 300 dpi sniper
That's why I replaced my G700 - left button started spazzing and clicking on its own while holding it down and such. It was nuts.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I felt the same (had a G700 before the Basilisk V2) and let me tell you, if you haven't had a good wired mouse in the past 10 or so years (I hadn't) - go back to wired. The wires are so thin and light now they don't get in the way like they used to.

Never having to worry about charging batteries, etc. and you don't even know the wire is there. Win/win.
This. My unpopular opinion: wireless mice are pretty pointless in this age. Their only benefit is the looks, if you hate the way cables look. The tradeoff of course being you have to charge the batteries, and they tend to be pricier than wired mice. Like Neo said, modern mice cables don't even feel like they're there, and you never have to worry about charging the batteries. Plus, there's technically less input lag on wired mice as compared to wireless (but you will NOT be able to feel a difference with modern mice).

If you absolutely hate cables, sure get a wireless. If you aren't worried about looking at a cable, then you might as well get a wired one. That's the way I see it, at least.

It's all preference in the end anyways.

Edit: this is from a desktop gaming point of view. Obviously wireless mice have their place in the ultra portable world, for example paired with a laptop. They're also better when a wire simply isn't long enough.

Topher

Power Tripper 9000
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
I can either use my basilisk with the cable, or wireless, sometimes I charge it with the cable and sometimes I charge it on the dock when i'm AFK.

But there are times where I actually forget it's plugged in because the cord is so light. You won't get a light cord on the g502's. At least to my knowledge when I had mine. My first gaming mouse was a razer deathadder 2013 and it got the double click issue so I swore off on razer products but I bit the bullet with the basilisk and I do not regret a single thing. Hands down, best mouse (imo)

This. My hyperx has a fabric covered wire and I take it with me everywhere with my laptop. The wire is so thin it takes up maybe an extra centimeter of space in my laptop case beyond the front of the mouse. And it's flexible enough that I just plug in and flick it out of the way behind my laptop. A tiny wireless mouse is good for ultra portable work laptops when you're working on flights and that sort of thing, but computer you're using for gaming deserves a wired mouse lol. No latency, connection, battery, lost inputs issues that's pervasive with wireless.