Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Last one to post...WINS!

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
We had a "sideshow" a couple blocks from my house on Saturday. Five hundred mouth-breathing retards standing around acting up as a few dozen slack-jawed cretins did burnouts in a neighborhood intersection. Twelve cars were seized and impounded, a bunch of idiots were cited, and some twenty or so were arrested.

I seriously do not see the attraction to spinning a car in circles, burning off the tires, and then having a tribe of howler monkeys cheering on the childish histrionics.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Drifting I get. Best car I ever had for that was my piece-of-shit 1971 Dodge Colt and drifting was how you made a turn in that damned thing. I also used to take it up to the mountains up 4x4 tracks and nothing would kill it.

Mitsubishi might have made a POS, but it was one tough POS!

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
Update on my antipathy towards sideshows is this:

Losing your car for a lifetime doesn’t seem like such a good deal for doing donuts in the middle of an intersection.

A suburb of Los Angles will combat sideshows—or street takeovers—with some of the most stringent laws in the United States. Pico Rivera’s City Council on Tuesday initially passed a local ordinance allowing police to permanently confiscate vehicles used in illegal shows or street racing. Spectators within 500 feet of the sideshows can be fined up to $2,000 for watching the event (500 feet is about two city blocks), or even preparing for one. The new ordinance may become permanent in 30 days.

“This proposed ordinance and enforcement options will provide the City with additional tools to address the issue of illegal street takeovers, deter such activities, and ensure that the roadways in Pico Rivera remain safe for everyone,” Councilman John Garcia said in a statement. “By taking action, we are sending a strong message that illegal street takeovers will not be tolerated in Pico Rivera and that the safety and well-being of its residents and visitors are paramount to the City Council.”