Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Million dollar question.. Why is bZ server hit reg garbage?

TheGaussianMan

-bZ- Member
Donator
Oh, that could be the culprit Neo. I know Topher said ages ago that servers are restarted every night.. But if they're going for a few days up to 10+, it could explain a bit. Even if they're rebooted every night at 5 am. They will re-populate as they do after a crash.

@doug and onyx, come get some buddies ;)
Boomhauer needs "company."

lol Oh we can get real close but they live far away.. too bad :( But hey, I can kick their asses one by one in server, make them rage quit like JL ;)

SID-328

-bZ- Member
I can't comment on how a nightly restart effects the reg for me since I get on many hours after but I know that after the server crashes unexpectedly my reg is spot on for a good while after rejoining.

Neo. Server is running sexy right now on Bz 2. That reboot seemed to fix it.. Anyway we can have a script to reboot the system at a set time everyday?

I think the reason you could achieve higher K/D in USAA or other hardcore servers is because their players are pretty much trash since they didn't specialized in playing infantry. Me and Nukem agreed that Bz #2 player's average skill level is way higher since bz #2 has a lot of regulars who only play infantry. That should be the reason why you felt it is harder to farm people in bz 2 lol. I've been playing in bz #2 for quite sometime and haven't got any problem with hit reg tbh.

TheGaussianMan

-bZ- Member
Donator
Yeah we can do forced reboots after X time I guess but I want to find the sweet spot. Every day might not be needed...thinking we might can stretch it to 48 or 72 hours.
So playing tonight the hit reg is definitely not as crisp. Average kills are down things don't feel as smooth. Would you be able to restart it at a time, but still let it finish out the last round of pearl before restarting? I think that may be best for server repopulation. But I think an every day restart would be a really big step up in performance and may keep people online longer.

I noticed that with Gauss last night.

Its Friday Neo, could we possibly get a restart so killing is crisp all night for the lads!! ;)

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I personally don't GAF about my hit reg, my points, or any other bullshit aside from having a good time. And I have a great time on -bZ- and that's why I'm here.

If it was all about the metrics then shit; I'd be at work. :rolleyes:

TheGaussianMan

-bZ- Member
Donator
@neonardo1 are you saying that it was restarted within today? There's been a marked decrease in hit reg. Lots of dusting people with rounds. I'd say that if we could get a restart every day, but let people know and let people finish a round, it would be a good move for the server.

Last edited:
Let's do a log of complaints, so we can do a data analysis of when/what affects the hitreg. Can we add a !command to the server which would allow player to report hitreg problem?
This will then give us insight into frequency of the problem, as well as other telemetry (by referencing specific round report.)
I'm sure some players will report it more often than others, so maybe limit the reporting to one report per player per round."

Last edited:

TheGaussianMan

-bZ- Member
Donator
Let's do a log of complaints, so we can do a data analysis of when/what affects the hitreg. Can we add a !command to the server which would allow player to report hitreg problem?
This will then give us insight into frequency of the problem, as well as other telemetry.
I'm sure some players will report it more often than others, so maybe limit the reporting to one report per player per round."
Oh boy this could go wrong quickly.