Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Official request to stop automatic donations

I do think it's a bit predatory to not allow the user themselves to cancel their donation. As Panda has made me very sure of repeatedly, we all have jobs and other things to do. What if I dont have time to sit here and message some banzore admin to stop taking my money? Seems very scammy.

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
I do think it's a bit predatory to not allow the user themselves to cancel their donation. As Panda has made me very sure of repeatedly, we all have jobs and other things to do. What if I dont have time to sit here and message some banzore admin to stop taking my money? Seems very scammy.
Software limitations.

We use the TH donate plugin for XenForo. It has no cancellation functionality.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator

I had no problem cancelling my original monthly donation and setting up the new one.

Just saying.

PandaExpress293

:(){:|:&};:
-bZ- Member
I had no problem cancelling my original monthly donation and setting up the new one.

Just saying.
I imagine you most likely did it through paypal, no? If that's the case, then yes you can cancel it yourself as you're able to terminate the active payment agreement through paypal yourself. As stated though, there's no way to directly cancel an agreement for a credit card through your profile, thus why they need to contact Neo.

As for the TH donate plugin, XF plugins are php based with some custom XF styled ui templates, it shouldn't be too difficult of a job to find the checkbox and just set it to unchecked by default. The only issue is the free time needed to go digging, which Neo doesn't have a lot of.

As for the TH donate plugin, XF plugins are php based with some custom XF styled ui templates, it shouldn't be too difficult of a job to find the checkbox and just set it to unchecked by default. The only issue is the free time needed to go digging, which Neo doesn't have a lot of.
People could also read shit before they click accept. I thought it was standard practice to do this whenever entering financial information online. Apparently I was wrong.