CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
This is looking pretty cool. 

Trailer

-bZ-JaXX

Been here since the beginning
-bZ- Member
Very cool. This does look like fun. Almost reminds me of BF:Vietnam. Oh the good ole days!

Last edited by a moderator:

SolidSnake006

-bZ- Member
Donator
I think I would give it a whirl over BF1, especially after all the stuff I heard in the last meeting regarding the server situation and DICE, EA going full retard with that shit.

ah why mess with the best. should just keep this product going. hell if it can Fix me, it sure as hell can fix us all.

And I'm willing to put my deepest, darkest, utterly fuct up secret on the line and stake my reputation based on and around .
Other than a Traumatic event that happened to myself at the ripe age of 2 or 3 years young.
(Dog wraps chain around ankle, bolts, I do the reverse Super Dork. And ending up having a rock almost be part of my skull. e.g. Hood ordainment (haven't a clue if that's spelt right bah)
This games already got its foot in the door, Lets leave our feet in the door so we can Open the Hanger Doors.

I am going to bed. Thank You All.

and its what its based on, not how its being played.

Mil-Sims would be included, but anything Gaming that has no Death or Destruction while keeping your Mind Occupied and having something else to Focus on are THE tools required.
e.g. SimCity, perfect start

Not to be a "Debbie Downer".......Why would there be any need for a game involving Vietnam? We still have too many guys out there suffering from tremendous PTSD that the Damn VA still will not address. To be honest, while watching trailers it doesn't even touch on the experience of that war. It's like watching some type of cartoon waiting to see when Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner will make their appearance.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
By that logic, we shouldn't have any games set in current, real-time conflicts, which we do. By the way, there are a ton of combat veterans that play those games, and even contribute to the development for realism. (See Squad!)

While we're at it, we should probably censor all of the movies, books, plays, music, art and everything else that deals with war, violence, death, and countless other situations and conditions that legitimately affect people.

Better still, I think it best to let those that wish to partake do so, and those that do not, don't.

Sean_Guy262

-bZ- Member
Donator
By that logic, we shouldn't have any games set in current, real-time conflicts, which we do. By the way, there are a ton of combat veterans that play those games, and even contribute to the development for realism. (See Squad!)

While we're at it, we should probably censor all of the movies, books, plays, music, art and everything else that deals with war, violence, death, and countless other situations and conditions that legitimately affect people.

Better still, I think it best to let those that wish to partake do so, and those that do not, don't.

Right. Nobody is forcing vets with PTSD to buy and play the game. I don't even have a response for that.... just wow

Talk to me when you have spent more that one week in "Real" combat where your "Squad" and your Friends don't respawn after they have been blown apart.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Sorry, Yankee. Did you serve in Vietnam?

I didn't mean to cause offense, but censorship in any form is a dangerous thing. Some folks may actually find comfort and healing in certain situations, while others may not. But to make a blanket statement and censor anything, whether it be words, art, or what have you is not a good choice.

Video games are art. They are entertainment. I'm just saying, let's not make them something they aren't.

Look up my DD-214. I'm sure it's public record.....And Yes, I had two friends of mine that were killed in Vietnam. 1. 06/68 2. 01/70 You want their names as well so you can look them up?? Any other questions?? Jackson??

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Yankee, I honestly meant no offense. My question about you serving in Vietnam was sincere. I looked at your profile and noticed your birth date as 1962, so you would have been about 13 years old at the end of the war when I was born in 1975. Maybe the birth date is off?

One of my best friends' dad was like a dad to me, and while he survived Vietnam, he later succumbed to the affects of Agent Orange, not to mention his alcoholism related to his PTSD. This man was larger than life and with tears in his eyes, pleaded with me not to join the Marines. He was super drunk at the time, but his message was received, and I didn't. I sometimes regret not doing it, but here I am.

I stand by my message of not censoring video games or art. I also don't understand why you should bring this up with a Vietnam game when they release a Vietnam game every other year or so, or why specifically Vietnam? There are far more Iraq and Afghanistan vets that are alive and actually play video games that are exposed to much more realistic scenarios.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
I don't like mushrooms. I can't play super mario brothers.

These days, I don't like heights. Doesn't stop me from watching those Mission Impossible movies where they are running outside a skyscraper. Although I do say "No Fucking Way" in my head every time something like that comes on the screen.

As for this thread. Cool looking game. I've been hoping for a truly huge map in a war fps. Like the Desert Combat days for Battlefield 1942.

As for this whole, "why have a Vietnam game due to ptsd". Come on. Really? How many 70 year old gamers exist in this club?

Here you go Yankee, here's your Vietnam.