Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Running list of players that need to be added to disperse

SaphirOgma

-bZ- Member
Relying on top players to switch to the losing team is not working. Too often I see 5-10 or so great players absolutely demolishing the other side, and no amount of "git gud" will help against those numbers. People knowingly switch to the teams with the strong players and it's a problem. In my opinion the biggest issue isn't the clans (platoons) it's the lone great players stacking. There are good eggs that will switch, sure, but not nearly enough.

I have looked over the Balancer that bZ uses (I won't link it as to prevent any exploitation of the system) and I see the problem that Neonardo has, the commands that are available for this problem are limited.

@neonardo1 I know you probably get these all day long but I have a suggestion with what is available, not everyone will be happy with this but (as you are brutally aware I'm sure) it seems there's not an option that will.

Write a script to temporarily take the top Top 20 Players This Week on the individual server(s) and add them to both the Disperse Evenly List as well as the Whitelist with identifiers B and U (Balancer, Unstacking). This would obviously need to be automated to refresh every match/day so that the top players list updates and removes any players that are no longer on that list.
View attachment 9522

Adding these players to the Whitelist will mean that the only way they should get moved is when another Dispersed member joins the server, this will hopefully help with the constant switching issue AUT0MATiK laid out.

Just a suggestion.
Jeez KROW really needs to chill the fuck out....one game he killed me like 6x in a Viper....

Adarro-Fel

Donator
I appreciate the idea of Team balance algorithms to prevent extreme team stacking. It’s hard to get it set just right though.

I am the type of player who switches to help the losing team. Which is sad, I’m not a great player. If the game isn’t even remotely close, or has a predetermined outcome due to all the good players being on one team what is the point of playing then, even on the winning team?

Some people *would* choose to quit playing BF4 entirely vs being dominated at a ratio (for example) of 1 kill for every 5 deaths if that was their daily experience.

Deaths in conquest == lost ticket, which directly contributes to victory or defeat in Conquest. Just in case anybody doesn’t realize that.

I personally don’t mind being 1:2 K / D ratio, I still have fun. But if I get to a 1:4 K / D ratio, I’m probably not going to continue playing BF4 much longer on that day. I only play BF4 for BZ’s Locker/Metro/Pearl Hardcore server.

Less people playing BF4 = smaller community and less donators to keep servers running.

It looks like BZ donation level is at $270/$1500 so far this month btw.

Deaths in conquest == lost ticket, which directly contributes to victory or defeat in Conquest. Just in case anybody doesn’t realize that.

This is actually a differential equation, not a linear function, and therefore is much more complex than you claim. If dying helps keep flags, and ticket bleed exceeds death rate, deaths in conquest can lead to victory. This is more likely to be the case on maps with more flags and aggressive players. Dying while playing aggressively and making plays can set up movements by other teammates that result in flag capture, vehicle security, strategic positioning, and so on. Obviously, there is an inflection point where maximal deaths just leads to loss. The solution is trivial and left as an exercise for the reader.

Adarro-Fel

Donator
This is actually a differential equation, not a linear function, and therefore is much more complex than you claim. If dying helps keep flags, and ticket bleed exceeds death rate, deaths in conquest can lead to victory. This is more likely to be the case on maps with more flags and aggressive players. Dying while playing aggressively and making plays can set up movements by other teammates that result in flag capture, vehicle security, strategic positioning, and so on. Obviously, there is an inflection point where maximal deaths just leads to loss. The solution is trivial and left as an exercise for the reader.
True, but in Bf4 conquest you do get “Score” points based on flag captures, enemies spotted, Squad Objectives attacked/defensed, squad member beacon spawns, revives, heals, in addition to kills. Score would only magnify this aspect, and could be factored in to help identify low KD yet aggressive players.

Algo could use Score & KD ratio.
Something that can catch “top 5 players on one team have a 2:1 KD ratio and have a 300 (out of 1200 on bz2) ticket lead”, while “top 5 players on other team have a 1:1 KD ratio”. If true, steal 2 of the top 5 players from the winning team and instead give them the 2 lowest scorers with long-enough playtime. Do at halfway through the game, or maybe at the 33% and 66% phase (either by time or ticket count) in the game.

This is mostly academic, thanks for reading. I think helping lesser players have a closer match could help player retention over time.

Last edited:

FluffMuffin94

-bZ- Member

Based

Or maybe just play for fun and fuck the points. It's not like you get anything for getting a lot of points.

I used to play tournaments back in my BF2 days and that was for CA$H not some meaningless points. Since then this game for me is about fun, laughing at the chats, and just chilling out!
in that case play TDM. Playing just for fun is fine, but choose the right game type and PTFO.