Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Battlefield 1 - Open Beta

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
The beta opened today, and for the 30 minutes or so that I've played, I've got to say that I really like it. The guns feel good, the maps look great, and everything is smooth as butter. (Fuck apples! lol)

If you're into dog tags and if anybody missed this,

If you reach rank 15 and play on a least four different days, you will unlock a Battlefield 1 Beta Dog Tag** when the game launches onOctober 21.

What are your thoughts on the Beta so far?

Jefferential

-bZ- Member
Donator
I agree. There's unfortunately no hardcore mode in the beta, but I'm still fine with it in normal mode. There's one map and two game modes: 64-person conquest and 24-person rush. The horses are cool and actually deadly with the two-shot-kill rifle and the sword that come with them. The map is both a vehicle and infantry friendly map because the whole map is huge, but the town in the middle is extensive enough and contains two points, so you can mostly hang out there if you want you want. The tanks are pretty effective primarily because the anti-tank weapons are less effective than the ones in modern era games and the tanks have a lot of gunner seats. The secondary weapons for some of the tanks is a canister shell, which is like a huge shotgun, so it's good against infantry. The weather changes randomly between sunny, overcast, a little dusty, and a dust storm that lasts for only about 10 minutes. You might only see one or two of any of these weather conditions in a given game. The train comes in and can really help the losing team. It actually helped the losing team win at least once so far with me. You can fly the planes without being bothered by lock-on weapons and overpowered mobile AAs. Releasing bombs from the plane is satisfying and gunning for friends who're flying is fun. The guns feel better with their higher muzzle velocity and the newly implemented bullet drag, which is realistic and balances snipers out. It's looking to be a good game.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I played a rush round and made it all the way to the last two bombs, and the little town there was awesome to fight in. You can open and close doors and windows adding great surprise elements and concealment tactics.

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this one. It's on a different level than Hardline.

EZ Bawlin

-bZ- Member
Donator
Sounds like some good feedback, I'll pick this one up soon.. Got my new mouse cmon in the mail to help out with my already awesome aiming.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
I'm pretty surprised by the diversity of gameplay. There are lots of different ways to play; lots of different vehicles, weapons, and tactics. It's not "unlike" BF4, but it's also different in a refreshing way. The mechanics of the game are new. Same great feel and gameplay as BF4, but it feels like a new ride.

Skullbones

-bZ- Member
Donator
First game I was lost , (nothing new) new 27 " monitor ordered should help with vision, in a vehicle is my only hope.

Hawx

You're Never Right!
it surprises me that a couple of people have compared this to Hardline....there is no way this is even remotely close to Hardline.

DREAMAZING

-bZ- Member
Donator
even for soft core and with the small origin hiccups its nice and smooth love the new movement I feel like they focused a lot on the sniper this time around with adding the whole quick scoping deal and the fact each class has something of a defense vs a vehicle is very nice touch. I cant wait to actually see what its like as a whole game who is stoked for the campaign - I know that sounds weird but man I love the campaign they add in battlefields. cant wait to get into it.

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Yeah, Hawx. I whole heartedly agree that this is nothing like Hardline, which was really just smaller BF4 maps with sirens.

They keep introducing new game modes, but none have been as successful as Conquest in a BF sandbox environment. I hope the new campaign mode is worth playing. I like Rush, but that is so hit and miss with people. It would be nice to have a fresh way to play. I've been playing conquest for like a decade now.

Popas13

-bZ- Member
I concur that this game is great, can't wait to start this one, and eagerly await BF 1942 The Second Enlistment.