Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Building my first computer and need opinions

neonardo1

Staff member
Senior Admin
-bZ- Member
Drop the water cooling thing, get a good air cooler: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608045. It will be quieter with less to break (pumps), and generally a good tower cooler will outperform these prebuilt water solutions.

I'd say don't get a graphics card yet - market is jacked right now. Wait on it to stabilize and you can get a 1080Ti for less than you have that 1080 in cart for - or wait on next gen in March/April (guessing here).

So go all air and wait for new gtx. Okay what if the prices don’t drop? And what’s your opinion on everything else. Thanks neo

bothesenuts

-bZ- Member
I like m.2 for simplicity even if it is a very similar speed to a sata drive wiring is basically non existent.

The law of diminishing returns comes with high end graphics cards. Unless you are trying to push top frame rates on a high resolution I personally do not think a 1080 is worth while.

I like m.2 for simplicity even if it is a very similar speed to a sata drive wiring is basically non existent.

The law of diminishing returns comes with high end graphics cards. Unless you are trying to push top frame rates on a high resolution I personally do not think a 1080 is worth while.
M.2(B+M) or M.2(M) and it says that a CPU cooler is recommended do you think I need one or no

bothesenuts

-bZ- Member
m.2 2280 is what I went with. You should dig into the motherboard specs that you picked and see what size m.2 drives it will except.

You need some sort of cooler to go on a K series CPU because Intel does not supply one with it.

Hawx

You're Never Right!
I have the same processor, motherboard and video card...love it

Ill throw this out there. Personally right now is the worst time to build a computer... ram prices and video card prices are through the roof. You can sometimes get more bang for your buck by buying a prebuilt system right now. If you hop on team speak im sure you can go over it in detail with you.

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ArbOnlineSales/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh&brandid=2202&sign=PXhcOSHtr1T4IOw/PR7UdbxeSHpSkIQuV0DtnepNO203o86QkIOgGSOXFQPYhyFajANz7v5vx29XABt3rThXE29tE7ZfjCaBwNvtqBJqEcwbPfetLpfN727v/kSTFY27xii0TFvz6l0bzvj4iM3aelAaAZn1vU19KFsXwhimcvQlRzH/VbH85o5ZLc1Wu05oAfqu/ddGUeqqF2NXv+fPoZF/sqg6FT9sjg/6b6JZp3RQNtLSZiESMDnfDQPA4QGYgsrYKapxH4+NizklUJsX3JKjFyiAr1CyV+bNjOjwbnWj9NZpf88lXbfm2wbUFXjQ
Here’s the thing tho I’m building this for my senior project and I can’t hop on ts because I don’t have a computer I and I have a little bit to wait to actually build this and prices should drop soon says neo

And a question can I put a 240mm water cooling system in a 360/420mm fan placement and just add an extra fan next to the water cooling fans

CR8Z

Bald fat guy.
-bZ- Member
Water cooler isn't necessary, but they are pretty cool. I have a Corsair, but my system is whisper quiet.

What's the external drive for? You can get a bigger HD for less than the 3TB you'll get for both of those. Unless you plan on backing up lots of data that you don't want to use, like photos and stuff like that, you don't really need an external HD larger than most flash drives.

You could definitely save some cash by going with an i5, CPU fan instead of liquid, and lower your sights on a GPU.

Also, consider finding a cheap copy of MS Office. I always forget that when I'm doing a new build.

Water cooler isn't necessary, but they are pretty cool. I have a Corsair, but my system is whisper quiet.

What's the external drive for? You can get a bigger HD for less than the 3TB you'll get for both of those. Unless you plan on backing up lots of data that you don't want to use, like photos and stuff like that, you don't really need an external HD larger than most flash drives.

You could definitely save some cash by going with an i5, CPU fan instead of liquid, and lower your sights on a GPU.

Also, consider finding a cheap copy of MS Office. I always forget that when I'm doing a new build.
External to back everything up so I can easily put everything back on if I get hacked or something and I have awhile till I build this

External to back everything up so I can easily put everything back on if I get hacked or something and I have awhile till I build this

Would ransomware not also encrypt the external drive as well? I looked into doing this before but came to the conclusion that there isn't a way to exclude any kind of "backup drive" from a ransomware attack. I could be mistaken though.