Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Flying Hovercrafts

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
9600 baud modem

You reminded me of this: In 2016 my job moved from one location to another. When I was cleaning out the IT storage room I found about twenty or so 2400 baud modems in their original shrink wrap. Frigging manager wanted to keep them "just in case" we'd ever need them. I shitcanned them anyway.

I like Nansha Strike. I just wish it were more like the real Nansha Islands complex with an airfield. That'd be awesome to have an airfield to fight over and that would spawn aircraft when you control it.

Kinda reminds me, did anyone here ever take the helm on the aircraft carrier or battleship in BF1942? I always thought it was awesome to ram the enemy carrier and sink it. :cool:
All the time, although I never actually rammed the enemy carrier. I also enjoyed using the submarines.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
re: flying hovercraft, if abused, it should be a severe ban but certainly not perm at BA level. thats an over the top and absurd solution regardless of what set of standards you want to deploy

plus nansha strike is boring AF. by far the worst boat map
It's not a perm at BA level unless you were banned previously for glitching.

I have no idea how to do the hovercraft glitch and I've never had a game ruined by someone using it no matter what side I'm on. It gives me a chuckle every time I see it in the sky and I really don't think it generates any real advantage given how long the drop is and how easy it is to pick people out of the sky, or even destroy the hovercraft. I fail to see how permabanning consistent and respected members of the community just out of principle is a positive thing for the community, or at least Bz6 in particular. People still talk about Temp's ban in Bz6 and I've even gotten messages outside of the server from people complaining about the heavy-handed punishment. I haven't been playing in Bz6 for super long so I don't know the whole history and lore behind Temp and other astronauts in the server, but going straight to a permanent ban seems extremely overkill from my and many other's perspectives. I understand wanting to take a stance against glitching and cheating, but a permanent ban for people who are actively well-liked members of the community is completely excessive. I'd hate to see others go out in similar situations.

mauirixxx

Donator
You reminded me of this: In 2016 my job moved from one location to another. When I was cleaning out the IT storage room I found about twenty or so 2400 baud modems in their original shrink wrap. Frigging manager wanted to keep them "just in case" we'd ever need them. I shitcanned them anyway.

good, there's never going to be a need for them again ....

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I understand wanting to take a stance against glitching and cheating, but a permanent ban for people who are actively well-liked members of the community is completely excessive.

Rules are rules and the exception to a rule invalidates the rule.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
off topic, but I'm just gonna say this: lucky bitch. I was struggling to play Doom on a Packard Bell 486 SX 25, with just 2 MB of RAM and a 100 megabyte hard drive. After my parents upgraded it to 4!! I finally got to play it when it wasn't tooooo stuttery lol

We had that computer until '94 or '95 ... I played so much Doom 2 and X-Com on it ... and Darklands!

I ended up letting out the magic smoke by putting a jumper somewhere I wasn't supposed to, thinking it would make our 2400 baud modem go faster o_Oo_Oo_O

The replacement computer was a Pentium 75, 8 megabytes of RAM, and a 1 gigabyte hard drive. X-Com played too fast after hahaha and Doom 2 was so silky smooth after ... and wow was our 9600 baud modem so much faster :D
Ah the good old days when computers were $2,500 when burgers were $0.59. Doom 2 was the first PC game I ever bought :p

Speaking of which, I still have the 3D card from my 2nd computer. A Diamond Monster 3D (Voodoo 1) with 4mb of VRAM that was in my Pentium 233mhz

IMG_2505.JPG

mauirixxx

Donator
Ah the good old days when computers were $2,500 when burgers were $0.59. Doom 2 was the first PC game I ever bought :p

Speaking of which, I still have the 3D card from my 2nd computer. A Diamond Monster 3D (Voodoo 1) with 4mb of VRAM that was in my Pentium 233mhz

View attachment 11588

My first computer I paid for and put together was a Pentium 133 w/ 32 MB of RAM, and an 8 megabyte ATI All-In-Wonder Pro ... playing counterstrike on that setup, staring at a wall (or the floor) I could EASY hit almost 50 fps!!! average fps was around 20 lol

My first computer I paid for and put together was a Pentium 133 w/ 32 MB of RAM, and an 8 megabyte ATI All-In-Wonder Pro ... playing counterstrike on that setup, staring at a wall (or the floor) I could EASY hit almost 50 fps!!! average fps was around 20 lol
Recognize any of these?

I have the original BF3 steel box but it's in another container somewhere with more games. I never get rid of game boxes :cool:

IMG_2814.JPG

mauirixxx

Donator
Recognize any of these?

I have the original BF3 steel box but it's in another container somewhere with more games. I never get rid of game boxes :cool:
I had the half life box, hexen, doom II, and duke nukem 3d boxes until I moved out here :(

I still have my BF2 dvd, and bf4 case, and cod 4 case.

Really wish I still had the stuff that got lost in the move to Hawaii tho ... I miss holding boxes.

OMG, i remember playing Duke Nukem 3D on 14.4 baud, modem to modem over 25 years ago till the early hours in the morning with a friend. That game was, wow. Then Unreal and Unreal Tournament came out........ Lights out, Super fun that was. Played Shadow Warrior for a bit but not as fun as Duke. Rot was ok.. .... 2500 dollar Pentium 90 was my first pc. I remember computer shows where you could get stuff "CHEAP". Fun times.