Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Flying Hovercrafts

re: flying hovercraft, if abused, it should be a severe ban but certainly not perm at BA level. thats an over the top and absurd solution regardless of what set of standards you want to deploy

plus nansha strike is boring AF. by far the worst boat map
“The hovercraft glitches know to much, kill them” - BA probably

Recognize any of these?

I have the original BF3 steel box but it's in another container somewhere with more games. I never get rid of game boxes :cool:

View attachment 11655
Dam you still got your big boxes!?! That’s awesome!

I would’ve had about 10-13 of em including doom 3rd party wads (mods) (before they were free on internet) like D-zone and DeathDay buuuuuuuut I threw them away as a kid and kept the cds/booklets

That longbow game was hard af back in the day as well but it was fun.

is that pfp sianvar
heck yeah it is
Rules are rules and the exception to a rule invalidates the rule.
It's not an exception, it's making the punishment actually make sense. Who's it actually helping by going straight to a permanent ban? Nobody's game was ruined by flying hovercraft and nobody expects to be banned for doing something harmless and stupid. I've seen things similar to flying hovercrafts happen and people just react to it by laughing about it in chat. If you want to uphold the rule that's fine, but if nobody else was actually impacted by their actions it should at least be a temporary ban or be appealable. It's important to preserve communities in old games that don't receive support, dealing out heavy-handed punishments to core members of said communities because "them's the rules" on principle is simply dumb. Nobody who actually frequents Bz6 is happy about Temp being permabanned, the only people who I've seen supporting the permaban are people who don't even play on the server.
You can’t.

It’s not. If I or any other bZ member did this, we would have our membership revoked and we’d be permanently banned, same as anyone else.

Tell them not to do it then lol.
I have seen it be destroyed at various stages. If any core member would be permanently banned for a harmless glitch, it's a fruitless hill to die on. As much as I joke about "legalizing space hovercrafts" I understand wanting to uphold the no-tolerance rule, I really do, but this is an overreaction. I have warned others about not using the glitch since a lot of people don't even know it's permabannable, or at least didn't until Temp got perma'd. I didn't even know it was grounds for a perma but luckily I never learned how to do the glitch. It was so commonplace at a certain point that people would specifically vote for maps like Mortar and Lost Islands just to see a space hovercraft. Pretty sure the message has been sent by now and that could've been done just as effectively without martyring one of the server's regulars. I don't know the guy personally nor have I been around Bz for a long time, I just don't see how the decision to go straight to a permanent ban helps make the game more fun at all.

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Video evidence was provided that showcased his space hovercraft tactic. One and done.

When it’s over a mile high, it serves as a permanent spawn beacon for the team that it is active on. It is unkillable up there.

It wouldn’t have made a difference in his case but when players lie in their appeal attempt, we are even less inclined to approve their unbans.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
this is an overreaction

Yes, it is. On your part. It’s called a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for a reason, and I already explained to you that even if I as an admin did this glitch, I would be permanently banned and have my bZ membership revoked forever. We cannot make it more clear to you or anyone else.

It wouldn’t have made a difference in his case but when players lie in their appeal attempt, we are even less inclined to approve their unbans.
Just to clarify, I was straight forward about the hovercraft in my original appeal:

Nov 21, 2023
Why should we lift your ban?
"Obviously if flying the hovercraft is against server rules I won't do it going forward, I just need some clarity from you gentlemen.

Is it (the rule) new?
It never came up when typing "/rules" in server. I also took a quick peak in the BF4 Rules section on the forum tonight and I don't see it there either.

Thanks for your time Swag."

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Just to clarify, I was straight forward about the hovercraft in my original appeal:

Why should we lift your ban?
"Obviously if flying the hovercraft is against server rules I won't do it going forward, I just need some clarity from you gentlemen.

Is it (the rule) new?
It never came up when typing "/rules" in server. I also took a quick peak in the BF4 Rules section on the forum tonight and I don't see it there either.

Thanks for your time Swag."

Creating/abusing an indestructible unkillable vehicle that serves as a spawn point for your team is classified as cheating and is common sense as to why. First post in rules thread, cheating clearly prohibited.:
Battlefield 4 Server Rules
Hacking/cheating will result in an instant permanent ban regardless of previous infractions or the lack thereof. We have a zero-tolerance policy against hacking and all accounts linked to an account determined to have been hacking. We use multiple methods to confirm hacking and do not ban based on suspicion alone.

Later in the thread, Swag defines that the hovercraft glitch is not allowed. While not in the main post, it was posted months ago. Regardless Neo's post should've been enough though.
In most situations, it is best to use common sense.

We do not typically police emblems, BA on the other hand does for toxic emblems (Racist or NAZI related).
If someone reports for an emblem BA bans for, I usually submit the evidence to them.

We do ban for the flying hovercraft glitch.

Roof glitching is case by case, on hardcore it isn't very common to see as you cannot launch vehicles with C4.
It usually also depends on the method used to achieve such a location.

We don't tolerate glitching into walls.

Creating/abusing an indestructible unkillable vehicle that serves as a spawn point for your team is classified as cheating and is common sense as to why.

There is literally no language in neonardo1's BF4 Rules section that equates an "unkillable" vehicle to "hacking/cheating"

Unfortunately the admins neonardo1 appointed are killing his servers. Most of the time they're empty now because of what you guys are doing.

It's very unfortunate because you had a great thing going.

Last edited:
Abusing a glitch that creates an unkillable spawnpoint IS cheating, plain and simple. If that’s too confusing, then good luck on other servers.

here it is in laymans terms:

the argument for allowing the metro glitch is, "well you can jump to it and obtain an unfair advantage, tough shit complainers"

the argument against the hovercraft glitch is, "well you can fly the hovercraft and obtain an unfair advantage, BAN"

1. both glitches can be performed with in game mechanics and do not use external assets to arrive at a result
2. both glitch results allow a group of people to obtain an unfair advantage
3. the metro glitch is worse because someone can spawn, leave the squad and make ANOTHER beacon for up to 10-15 people abusing a position that cannot be accessed by the vast majority of people
4. the flying hovercraft is more benign because the only recourse as you spawn is to parachute in from open sky. very easy to kill and defend.

that gray area ruling makes zero sense. the policy is what it is but it should specifically itemize glitches that are allowed and those that are not. no one knows what BA is. I didn't even know until a year or two ago and I've been playing this franchise for a long ass time.

Last edited:

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Unfortunately the admins neonardo1 appointed are killing his servers. Most of the time they're empty now because of what you guys are doing.

This isn’t true in the slightest lol.

the argument for allowing the metro glitch is, "well you can jump to it and obtain an unfair advantage, tough shit complainers"

There is no argument about metro 4th floor. It’s very, very easy to counter and deal with, essentially harmless.

the argument against the hovercraft glitch is, "well you can fly the hovercraft and obtain an unfair advantage, BAN"

There is no argument about the hovercraft glitch either. It’s not permitted, plain and simple. I don’t even know why this thread is still going, our stance towards it is not going to change.

no argument? of course there is an argument and a subsequent rationalization. its how you arrived at the rule. you just said it - your opinion is that one is harmless and the other isn't. i just explained why that reasoning is faulty. carry on.. but don't tell me 2+2!=4

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
There was no argument. All admins unanimously agreed to ban it.