Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Flying Hovercrafts

If you're in a spot where you cannot be killed and what you're spawning on cannot be killed, common sense would dictate it's more than likely bannable. How do people think glitching a vehicle in the skybox where literally nothing can destroy it or reach it, and it serves as a permanent spawn beacon is not bannable?

Can you get somewhere by conventional means? (Jumping, climbing, crawling under, etc) Probably okay.
Can it be countered in some way, shape, or form? (UCAV, Skillburst, explosives, vehicles, etc) Probably okay.
Does it make you untouchable?
Probably not okay.
Unsure?
Ask.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
How is that one a 'glitch' though? You just blow the wall and jump over, you're not exploiting a flaw in the game's physics like the hovercraft one. It would be like saying it's a glitch to blow the walls at Locker next to the C flag doorway and go through...
You're only allowed to open one side of the wall and you have to wait for the enemy team to open the other side, otherwise it's gamebreaking.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
There is no argument about metro 4th floor. It’s very, very easy to counter and deal with, essentially harmless.

Agreed. Some people view it as an unfair advantage but for myself if a squad moves in there it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Anyone wanting to improve my k/d is a-okay in my humble opinion!

What I understand is the rule is that it is forbidden to fly hovercraft. Period.

The rule is not just "If it gives an advantage but can be countered it is allowed otherwise it is not". Because theoretically a player hidden inside a wall can be countered... by entering the wall. And if a player flies the hovercraft just a few meters of altitude, that can be countered too.

However, I think that a warning would have been sufficient for this regular player that others seem to appreciate and the gray area surrounding glitches in general, but I respect the administrator's decision. It's their servers, their rules.

but then thats the problem isn't it? there are 4 rules listed - none of which result in an immediate ban much less a global BA ban.

youre probably thinking why do I give a shit? yes. the prequisite for any rule should be to preserve the player base of this old ass game but this is a punitive punishment that isn't documented anywhere at all.

point is made, do as you please.

Mobius.jpeg

40mm enthusiast
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
In general, don't be a trouble maker in the server.

The above rules what will usually be cited in punishes/kicks/bans but other reasons may be used if you're an exceptionally problematic player disrupting gameplay.

You forgot this part. In addition, we consider glitches like the hovercraft glitch cheating, and what do the rules say we do with cheaters?

here it is in laymans terms:

the argument for allowing the metro glitch is, "well you can jump to it and obtain an unfair advantage, tough shit complainers"

the argument against the hovercraft glitch is, "well you can fly the hovercraft and obtain an unfair advantage, BAN"

1. both glitches can be performed with in game mechanics and do not use external assets to arrive at a result
2. both glitch results allow a group of people to obtain an unfair advantage
3. the metro glitch is worse because someone can spawn, leave the squad and make ANOTHER beacon for up to 10-15 people abusing a position that cannot be accessed by the vast majority of people
4. the flying hovercraft is more benign because the only recourse as you spawn is to parachute in from open sky. very easy to kill and defend.

that gray area ruling makes zero sense. the policy is what it is but it should specifically itemize glitches that are allowed and those that are not. no one knows what BA is. I didn't even know until a year or two ago and I've been playing this franchise for a long ass time.
Once again you show how much of an idiot you are. This is a terrible comparison. The hovercraft becomes untargetable once it reaches the "maximum" height. It can not be countered by anything except possibly another hovercraft glitcher flying up next to it and shooting it with a rocket. A javelin won't work since you can not use a javelin from the back of the hovercraft. Even if you do manage to accomplish this "counter" you now have another hovercraft up at that maximum glitched height.

The Metro third floor areas are relatively easy to access ( I still struggle with the jumps myself but with enough tries I can get to it if I am not shot while trying to do so ) and do not require any special, limited-availability equipment ( like the hovercrafts ) to reach them. Most importantly however these glitch spots can be easily defeated from users on the ground or even within the buildings themselves. A single, well-placed M320 can net you multiple kills on these third floor spots and destroy any beacons they may be hiding. Frag rounds, XM25s, rockets, and even MAVs can also be used to eliminate these players or beacons.

These two situations are not comparable. One presents a situation where it is virtually impossible to counter it. The other is easily countered in multiple different ways.

What I understand is the rule is that it is forbidden to fly hovercraft. Period.

The rule is not just "If it gives an advantage but can be countered it is allowed otherwise it is not". Because theoretically a player hidden inside a wall can be countered... by entering the wall. And if a player flies the hovercraft just a few meters of altitude, that can be countered too.

However, I think that a warning would have been sufficient for this regular player that others seem to appreciate and the gray area surrounding glitches in general, but I respect the administrator's decision. It's their servers, their rules
I'm sure an admin will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they're going to ban someone for flying a hovercraft 10 feet off the ground as it can by destroyed by damn near anything. When it's bugged in the sky box and nothing can reach it to counter it is the problem.

Doing the same glitch as someone else just to kill them is not a counter. Doing that would encourage and enable others to do the same thing and then people would try to justify why they were doing something they shouldn't which leads to more people getting banned. A counter for that would be recording and reporting. It's very simple. If a retard like me can work OBS or press F12, anyone can. And there isn't really a gray area. It's either bannable because it's very exploitable or it isn't because it can be countered. If you don't know, you should ask. It's really fucking simple.

Last edited:
Doing the same glitch as someone else just to kill them is not a counter. Doing that would encourage and enable others to do the same thing and then people would try to justify why they were doing something they shouldn't which leads to more people getting banned.
Just to be clear. I wasn't suggesting countering these glitches by glitching. I was just pointing out that the rule is not entirely determined by whether it is counterable or not. And I still say that there are gray areas for gitch. The proof is this subject and many others where players discuss and question which glitches are authorized and which are prohibited. You yourself are not sure if flying a hovercraft a few meters above sea level would be bannable. If at low altitude it's tolerated, to what extent is it prohibited? Is it according to the map?

Even using our common sense (which is not the same for everyone), it is sometimes difficult to know what is tolerated or not, when we do not know how to counter them.

For my part I just avoid glitchs. Better safe than sorry.

I've never seen anyone complain that the hovercraft gives one side an "unfair advantage". Choosing a spawnpoint that allows you to easily get shot out of the air while and takes significantly longer to get to point compared to other points isn't advantageous. If anything, the side with the hovercraft is at a disadvantage. Whenever my team had a flying hovercraft, the only time I would spawn on it was if I specifically did not want to play that map and wanted to take the extra time to drop in. Maybe for bz admins there's "no argument", but I genuinely have not seen a single person who actually plays on the server that was supposedly affected who voiced a problem with flying hovercrafts.