Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Swag, explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
• Those who harass other community members based on their sexual orientation or preferences. (btw great job using hrt as an insult when one of your "frens" is going through that treatment, really shows your lack of awareness).
• Those who think jokes about rape are funny. (see attachments)

Attachments

• 0A62EB39-F80F-4BD3-A2E1-BB4BEA099689.png
    0A62EB39-F80F-4BD3-A2E1-BB4BEA099689.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
Yeh ngl, I’m trying to read through this whole thing to see if there is a good answer to what baiting is… I was under the assumption that players could loiter in spawn for an unspecified time limit with full protections. I assumed a player endlessly driving in circles would be greifing but now we have baiting? So…

Chargebucks my guy, chargebucks… Their coffee bags (mocha and green apron blend) aren’t to bad. I drink it all black anyway and the quality just isn’t there unless you grind the beans yourself, it’s ok but not great.
For me, baiting would be staying in spawn while pointing your gun at an enemy, or jumping around in a conspicuous and provocative fashion in plain view of an enemy in an attempt to get them to shoot you. Similar situations with vehicles could include sitting in a helicopter or revving a jet on a runway for prolonged periods of time when an enemy is known to be watching for you to leave spawn, or aiming at them with a vehicle. Basically it's any action that stops short of a hostile act ( shooting, leaving uncap, deploying equipment like MAVs, UCAVs, mortars, etc ) but which is likely to elicit a reaction by an enemy player.

To put it in a different perspective, baiting could effectively be considered a form of griefing for your own team. The person baiting the enemy player(s) is not actively attempting to play the game. They are instead wasting both their own time as well as that of their team in an attempt to cause an enemy to break a rule. Their act of baiting is potentially depriving their team of a resource they could be using to win : specifically the slot in the server the baiter is occupying.

It's also just kind of douchey. You're acting in bad faith to try to get a person to break the rules when they might not otherwise have done so.

The real problem is people are too report happy. Every single instance of being shot in uncap does not need to be reported. Sometimes people make mistakes. It should only be reported when it becomes a persistent problem with a player, especially if they have been warned against it in game. For example, just the other night I was shot by someone while he was running through the uncap on Locker when his team did not have all of the flags. I could have reported him if I wanted to but I didn't because it was just a one-time thing and he apologized for it.

I know a lot of you guys want some kind of black and white rule book but I don't think you're going to get it. Some situations are too complicated to give a hard and fast definition for everything.

For me, baiting would be staying in spawn while pointing your gun at an enemy, or jumping around in a conspicuous and provocative fashion in plain view of an enemy in an attempt to get them to shoot you. Similar situations with vehicles could include sitting in a helicopter or revving a jet on a runway for prolonged periods of time when an enemy is known to be watching for you to leave spawn, or aiming at them with a vehicle. Basically it's any action that stops short of a hostile act ( shooting, leaving uncap, deploying equipment like MAVs, UCAVs, mortars, etc ) but which is likely to elicit a reaction by an enemy player.

To put it in a different perspective, baiting could effectively be considered a form of griefing for your own team. The person baiting the enemy player(s) is not actively attempting to play the game. They are instead wasting both their own time as well as that of their team in an attempt to cause an enemy to break a rule. Their act of baiting is potentially depriving their team of a resource they could be using to win : specifically the slot in the server the baiter is occupying.

It's also just kind of douchey. You're acting in bad faith to try to get a person to break the rules when they might not otherwise have done so.

The real problem is people are too report happy. Every single instance of being shot in uncap does not need to be reported. Sometimes people make mistakes. It should only be reported when it becomes a persistent problem with a player, especially if they have been warned against it in game. For example, just the other night I was shot by someone while he was running through the uncap on Locker when his team did not have all of the flags. I could have reported him if I wanted to but I didn't because it was just a one-time thing and he apologized for it.

I know a lot of you guys want some kind of black and white rule book but I don't think you're going to get it. Some situations are too complicated to give a hard and fast definition for everything.
Yeh I agree…. I typically give warnings to Team killers and spawn killers. Sometimes it’s a mistake but if it’s not then I’ll report, if the behavior doesn’t stop after a ingame report, then I’ll demo and send it in. The bf community as a whole is slowly dying and I don’t want to give other players the axe immediately.

I figure it’s the mature way for players to handle other players instead of immediately running to admins with every little problem.

Lol looks like y'all need to get outside, you remember what the outdoors is like, away from the radiating screen? Soo much drama.. I find the less I play the less drama to deal with!!

Panda is actually a decent admin, we don't always see eye to eye, but we always meet half way. As for giggleslut, he's meh.

Fluffy, not many people like him.. kinda like fishy aka square panties who's one of my biggest fans, he even copied my name exactly on one of his 8 accounts.

Covert, you get way to excited over this game. I don't mind you and the RTR guys, but damn buddy. I've realized it's not worth the effort to kick a dead horse here.

Time for some fresh air

Lol looks like y'all need to get outside, you remember what the outdoors is like, away from the radiating screen? Soo much drama.. I find the less I play the less drama to deal with!!

Panda is actually a decent admin, we don't always see eye to eye, but we always meet half way. As for giggleslut, he's meh.

Fluffy, not many people like him.. kinda like fishy aka square panties who's one of my biggest fans, he even copied my name exactly on one of his 8 accounts.

Covert, you get way to excited over this game. I don't mind you and the RTR guys, but damn buddy. I've realized it's not worth the effort to kick a dead horse here.

Time for some fresh air
I never had a problem with panda or swag before recently. Swag and I would play BF4 together, 7 days to die, and have a great time in discord and without any animosity. Whenever it went outside of game and discord and into the forums, swag has had a chip on his shoulder towards me. Panda's never liked me, always negative with me in discord, so I just shrugged it off. I'm reasonable, but everyone has their limit, and once you spew enough nonsense and bullshittery around, especially about me and rule/policy changes because of "me," then I'm going to react of course.

I get that it's their month, but I'm not going to pander to their mental gymnastics. :) (It's a joke. Funny.)

The contempt for community players and the double standards is too blatant to ignore, they get called on it, and they blow a fuse. Hanging their crown of thorns on one of the most disliked bz members as the savior of their servers while at the same time shitting on other donators is a hilarious and fitting hill to die on.

I get it Covert, I really do.. I know bZ has some toxic players who like to bait people and come run to the forums and waste peoples time.. We all know who the baiters are and I'm sure the admins do as well and should be looking out for these individuals. I agree with @Theobameessiah that people report way too often over mistakes or a one off. If the message is relayed they're breaking the rules, and contionue to do it, report them.. But I agree some of these clowns we all know report for every little fuckin' thing.. It kind of reminds me of that Crisco person..

Last edited:
shit like this is the very reason BF as a series will never have community run servers again......

shit like this is the very reason BF as a series will never have community run servers again......
Communities working out their issues on their own is why we won't see community-run servers again? Actually you're 100% right. That is precisely why we won't see community servers anymore. We can't be having people solving their issues without Big Corpro being involved after all!

Communities working out their issues on their own is why we won't see community-run servers again? Actually you're 100% right. That is precisely why we won't see community servers anymore. We can't be having people solving their issues without Big Corpro being involved after all!
Yeh at least people have options when community ownership of servers is a thing. Communities do almost to good of a job keeping the older games alive and devs/mega corps need us to buy their next crap title…

Yeh at least people have options when community ownership of servers is a thing. Communities do almost to good of a job keeping the older games alive and devs/mega corps need us to buy their next crap title…
Games as a service will be the death of video gaming. Hopefully we see a crash like the one back in the 80s. Hollywood is due for one so maybe the video game industry will get one too.

Oh so like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.